Texas Hunting Forum

NACOGDOCHES, TX. Eats, WHERE???

Posted By: Buzzsaw

NACOGDOCHES, TX. Eats, WHERE??? - 03/11/15 10:42 PM

Heading to Nac tomorrow for an Axis hunt, Haven't been there since 1976, when I graduated from SFA.

Looking for

1. Great BBQ
2. Great Mexican
3. Great breakfast

Thanks
Posted By: rifleman

Re: NACOGDOCHES, TX. Eats, WHERE??? - 03/11/15 11:23 PM

Mikes - Beef & link po boy

Mexican food can choose between La Caretta, Casa Thomas & Posados

Breakfast - not many options, IHOP.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: NACOGDOCHES, TX. Eats, WHERE??? - 03/12/15 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
Mikes - Beef & link po boy

Mexican food can choose between La Caretta, Casa Thomas & Posados

Breakfast - not many options, IHOP.

Concur with the above. Might add Jalapeno Tree for Mexican food. Casa Tomas is my personal favorite.

Breakfast is pretty much IHOP as mentioned. I know you didn't ask but... good steaks at the 'Smokehouse', for other foods..Clear Springs or the Cotton Patch.

Flint
Posted By: TheCloudX

Re: NACOGDOCHES, TX. Eats, WHERE??? - 03/12/15 01:51 PM

Pretty much agree with the above. Mikes, though, try the catfish. It's excellent. I personally like La Caretta the best, however Casa Thomas around 8pm usually gets the older Single and ready to mingle crowd - if that's your thing hammer

Kinfolks is good for home cooking. Their buttermilk pie is worth it alone - however half the time they dont bother making pies, let alone the buttermilk. And, customer service is usually more miss than hit.

Peking is good for Chinese. The egg rolls are amazing.

Napolis has great Italian for the money. It's cheap and very generous on the portions

Axe 'em
Posted By: Cast

Re: NACOGDOCHES, TX. Eats, WHERE??? - 03/12/15 03:08 PM

Not a fan of Jalapeno Tree.

Re: NACOGDOCHES, TX. Eats, WHERE??? - 03/12/15 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: TheCloudX
Pretty much agree with the above. Mikes, though, try the catfish. It's excellent. I personally like La Caretta the best, however Casa Thomas around 8pm usually gets the older Single and ready to mingle crowd - if that's your thing hammer

Kinfolks is good for home cooking. Their buttermilk pie is worth it alone - however half the time they dont bother making pies, let alone the buttermilk. And, customer service is usually more miss than hit.

Peking is good for Chinese. The egg rolls are amazing.

Napolis has great Italian for the money. It's cheap and very generous on the portions

Axe 'em

That's bc casa has the $1.50 ladies margarita nights that include everclear.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: NACOGDOCHES, TX. Eats, WHERE??? - 03/12/15 07:11 PM

Not as up as I used to be. Casa wasn't nearly as good as it used to be last time I went. La Caretta's is fine.

Mike's was always good. I like Clear Springs and Auntie Pasta's both. Butcher Boys too.

Re: NACOGDOCHES, TX. Eats, WHERE??? - 03/12/15 08:12 PM

Nothing like the grease dripping through the brown bag from Butcher Boys. grin
Posted By: HillbillyDeluxe

Re: NACOGDOCHES, TX. Eats, WHERE??? - 03/13/15 02:29 AM

Been ages since I was down that way, but Clear Springs is good and Butcher Boy's is great. Is the BBQ House still there on the north end of town? Was pretty good 'Q back in the day.

Used to be a Mexican place on North Street where we would go for margarita specials, but I never remember any good Tex-Mex in Nac.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum