Texas Hunting Forum

Never again

Posted By: 68rustbucket

Never again - 09/20/18 11:00 PM

I will never again pay for a gun dog, without first having my vet do a complete physical,including heart worm test, and having ALL paperwork in hand. I’m done trusting people.
Rant over.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Never again - 09/20/18 11:00 PM

What happened?
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Never again - 09/20/18 11:09 PM

Are you in for the NSTRA meeting this weekend?

Re: Never again - 09/21/18 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
Are you in for the NSTRA meeting this weekend?

No Bill, I withdrew. Gyp pointer is gonna need a little more time to heal up after spay. And probably needs some bird work.

Re: Never again - 09/21/18 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: scalebuster
What happened?

I sure you can figure it out if you read the OP closely.
Posted By: nak

Re: Never again - 09/21/18 12:57 AM

Was it intentional on the part of the seller?
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Never again - 09/21/18 01:11 AM

???

The rest of the story?

Re: Never again - 09/21/18 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: nak
Was it intentional on the part of the seller?

According to the seller “heartworm test isn’t required by the State of Texas”.

My response is not printable. I end it with this, there are some very unscrupulous dog traders. Buyer beware.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Never again - 09/21/18 01:21 AM

Dang..... Gotta hate that. I would never do anything like that. Friendships are far more important than money.

Re: Never again - 09/21/18 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By: 68rustbucket
What happened?

I hope you can trade the dog back. If you can’t I hope you gain satisfaction. A similar thing happened 2 freinds of mine that bought 4 supposedly finished dogs from Pinehill kennels years ago10K, no health problems but one of the pointers was gun shy. After the first day they tried to take the dog back but were told they ruined the dog after one shot: They aren’t near as violent as I am and just chalked it up to experience.

Re: Never again - 09/21/18 03:00 AM

What happened?

Who sold you that dog?

Re: Never again - 09/21/18 03:22 AM

There would be come to Jesus meeting if that happened to me but I have never bought a finished dog in my life. Not even a started dog. My Dad bought one off a dentist once and she was a heck of a birddog but she would not retrieve. She would find the dead birds, pulverize and tenderize them in one bite and drop them and go back hunting. It was always a race to beat Jackie to the birds. We knew that going in because we hunted behind her several times before Dad brought her home. In your case I feel the medical was known beforehand and the guy doesn't want to give your money back because he knew.

Re: Never again - 09/21/18 04:38 PM

What happened?

Who sold you that dog?

It wasn’t anybody on here
Posted By: blanked

Re: Never again - 09/22/18 02:20 AM

I have heard this complaint by several other from yellowrose

Re: Never again - 09/22/18 03:14 AM

It wasn’t yellow rose kennels

Re: Never again - 09/22/18 03:22 AM

No matter who it was it's a damn shame. 68 you got a lot of class. I am afraid I would have broadcast that sob's name on every website known to man after I made a bond after whippin' his arse. I would do everything in my power to keep it from happening to another trusting soul like you.
Posted By: arandy

Re: Never again - 09/22/18 01:24 PM

While it is certainly advisable to have your own Vet check out a dog you pay big money for before buying but just because a dog shows heart worm positive it's not the end of the world for the dog. I've taken several dogs that were in various stages of heartworm condition and saved every one. Have not lost a dog since Ivermectin came out.

Re: Never again - 09/22/18 11:57 PM

What happened?

I hope you can trade the dog back. If you can’t I hope you gain satisfaction. A similar thing happened 2 freinds of mine that bought 4 supposedly finished dogs from Pinehill kennels years ago10K, no health problems but one of the pointers was gun shy. After the first day they tried to take the dog back but were told they ruined the dog after one shot: They aren’t near as violent as I am and just chalked it up to experience.

Apology: I named the wrong kennel in my post. I was wrong in naming Pinehill Kennel. It was Yellow Rose. Wrong Elhew distributor.
Posted By: kindall

Re: Never again - 09/24/18 03:17 PM

I'm sorry this happened to you.
A lot of the time, these dogs are no where near our own vets.

I was at the vets office last friday. A lady was in there with a new dog. The seller had forged all the dogs vet records. When they called the vet listed on the paperwork. He told them he had been getting dozens of calls, on dogs he had never seen before.
Posted By: CinchMan

Re: Never again - 09/24/18 06:16 PM

What happened?

Apology: I named the wrong kennel in my post. I was wrong in naming Pinehill Kennel. It was Yellow Rose. Wrong Elhew distributor.

I was initially shocked when you said Pinehill, I have heard nothing but good things about them.
Posted By: Eastxhuntr

Re: Never again - 09/25/18 02:02 PM

I don’t understand not sharing the kennels name? I’d think it would be helpful to protect other potential buyers?
Posted By: 16ga

Re: Never again - 09/27/18 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: arandy
While it is certainly advisable to have your own Vet check out a dog you pay big money for before buying but just because a dog shows heart worm positive it's not the end of the world for the dog. I've taken several dogs that were in various stages of heartworm condition and saved every one. Have not lost a dog since Ivermectin came out.

This^^^^ The old arsenic treatment that cost $1,000 is not needed. Many rescues are heartworm positive and low dose ivermectin clears them up.
Posted By: kman2017

Re: Never again - 09/28/18 01:30 AM

I rescued a black lab off of here about 2.5 years ago that was heartworm positive. He got put on heartgard and doxycycline, heartworm free a year later which was the next time we checked. Seems pretty happy with his yellow pal that I rescued last October.

Posted By: passthru

Re: Never again - 09/28/18 03:06 AM

I've also cleaned out a couple of heart worms from dogs. Low dose ivermectin works fine. Just be sure to follow the dosage correctly and minimize activity the first few weeks.
Posted By: nak

Re: Never again - 10/01/18 03:21 AM

Our Pyrenees tuned up Heartworm positive. The antibiotics, steroid, and ivermectin thing for about 3 months cleared him up with no ill effects.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Never again - 10/02/18 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: kman2017
I rescued a black lab off of here about 2.5 years ago that was heartworm positive. He got put on heartgard and doxycycline, heartworm free a year later which was the next time we checked. Seems pretty happy with his yellow pal that I rescued last October.

I’m a sucker for yellow labs and that one is a really good looking dog.
Posted By: tigger

Re: Never again - 10/11/18 10:11 PM

Used car salesman dog trainers cut out of the same cloth.
Posted By: kindall

Re: Never again - 10/12/18 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: tigger
Used car salesman dog trainers cut out of the same cloth.

You left out auto mechanics,and horse traders.

FYI
My husband is a auto mechanic, and my newphew is a dog trainer.
Both have good reputations for being honest.
Dishonesty gets you a one time sell.
Honesty gets you repeat customers.

Re: Never again - 10/12/18 03:26 PM

Update to the story. After 30 days of back and forth bickering and stalling, I was able to return the dog and get my money back. Of course it didn’t include $100 vet fees or 30 days worth of boarding.
End of story.

Re: Never again - 10/13/18 01:23 AM

Good, best outcome you could have hoped for. Lessons learned.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum