Texas Hunting Forum

Pile work with Rally

Posted By: BradyBuck

Pile work with Rally - 06/07/18 06:45 PM

I'm going to try and film the next few sessions of pile work with Rally and post them here. You can also follow Firefly Retrievers on FB if you'd like.

This is day 1 of pile work.

No force, just identifying and lining to the pile. I did do a little stop to pile at the end but I'll get more into that towards the end. I kind of like to throw a little "preview" in there just to introduce them to something they get more of down the road.

On day 2 I'll do more remote sends from the front sit position.

I'll also try and actually get in the picture...ha ha

Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Pile work with Rally - 06/07/18 11:33 PM

cheers
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Pile work with Rally - 06/07/18 11:37 PM

Will your dog put multiple birds in a pile? Went on a late season dove hunt with my chocolate lab several years ago Wichita Falls area. 3 hunters, she started picking up birds as they were shot. She put them all in one pile. It was the only time she ever did that.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Pile work with Rally - 06/08/18 12:07 AM

Great work! She is really coming into her own and looks to be loving every minute of it. Awesome job so far with her!
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Pile work with Rally - 06/08/18 01:11 AM

I thought pile work was cleaning out the kennels.

Re: Pile work with Rally - 06/08/18 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: 68rustbucket
Will your dog put multiple birds in a pile? Went on a late season dove hunt with my chocolate lab several years ago Wichita Falls area. 3 hunters, she started picking up birds as they were shot. She put them all in one pile. It was the only time she ever did that.

No, I've never had a dog that would put the birds in a pile. Good trick though.

Re: Pile work with Rally - 06/08/18 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: scalebuster
I thought pile work was cleaning out the kennels.

Lol! Speaking of pile work my wife's been complaining about the land mines in our newly soded yard. I guess I need to do my own pile work.

Re: Pile work with Rally - 06/08/18 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: bobcat1
Great work! She is really coming into her own and looks to be loving every minute of it. Awesome job so far with her!

Thanks! She's a blast.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum