Texas Hunting Forum

Labrador guys

Posted By: lmd59

Labrador guys - 02/01/18 04:52 PM

I'm looking for a chocolate lab puppy to replace my black lab who passed in November. I've been talking to a guy who has some pups, he has sent me the pedigree for the parents and discussed all the health clearances. He currently has two females from the same litter. One is completely brown the other has some white markings on her chest. I've read on some other forums that the dog can still be a purebred, but the white marking is not desirable. I always heard that pure labs do not have other markings/coloring. What are your thoughts. Thanks.
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Labrador guys - 02/01/18 05:01 PM

A little white on the chest is acceptable. It will disqualify the dog from the show ring, but that's about it.
Posted By: LTC Realty

Re: Labrador guys - 02/01/18 05:34 PM

whats your plans with the dog? breed and show? If so, look elsewhere. If this is going to be hunting pal and thats it, wouldnt be concerned with the white spot at all.
Posted By: lmd59

Re: Labrador guys - 02/01/18 08:45 PM

She will be my hunting pal.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Labrador guys - 02/02/18 12:51 AM

I wouldn't.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Labrador guys - 02/02/18 03:46 PM

There are certain areas where white is acceptable. Bottom of the feet and small area on the chest.
Posted By: huck18

Re: Labrador guys - 02/02/18 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Leonardo
There are certain areas where white is acceptable. Bottom of the feet and small area on the chest.

This. It's perfectly normal and acceptable for labs to have a little white on the chest and paws. Look at the pedigree and the parents to know what your getting.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum