Texas Hunting Forum

Lazy Labs?

Posted By: Triple7

Lazy Labs? - 12/20/17 02:48 PM

So my wife's coworker just got a Lab Puppy, a "lazy lab" as they are being called. Basically this lab's line is filled with docile and super calm dogs, to make better house dogs. I have officially send and heard everything.
Let's breed the complete opposite traits that people have tried to achieve for years. SMDH
Posted By: kman2017

Re: Lazy Labs? - 12/20/17 05:01 PM

Probably from a service dog line, not like you'd want a trial dog leading a blind grandmother around. This is why labs are such a versatile breed.

Re: Lazy Labs? - 12/20/17 05:03 PM

That sounds extremely funny.... yeah I saw a video of it swimming and it was just taking a chilled out lap in the pool. I think if it could float on it's back with a beer it would have.
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Lazy Labs? - 12/20/17 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Triple7
That sounds extremely funny.... yeah I saw a video of it swimming and it was just taking a chilled out lap in the pool. I think if it could float on it's back with a beer it would have.

And your point is? Labs are one of the most versatile breeds that exist. Not every lab needs to be bred to be a trial running pistol of a dog.

Re: Lazy Labs? - 12/20/17 07:12 PM

Do you take everything seriously? My point is that it is very different and it's funny. Lighten up and imagine a lab in a pool with a beer. geez
Posted By: pokerj2

Re: Lazy Labs? - 12/20/17 07:52 PM

I wish my lab would calm down some!
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Lazy Labs? - 12/20/17 07:56 PM

Labs are bred for a wide variety of reasons and for a wide range of different jobs.

The really amazing thing is when you find those labs who can do it all. They do exist!
Posted By: Birdhunter61

Re: Lazy Labs? - 12/20/17 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: kman2017
Probably from a service dog line, not like you'd want a trial dog leading a blind grandmother around. This is why labs are such a versatile breed.

Actually, alot of service dogs are from field trial breedings

Robby
Posted By: passthru

Re: Lazy Labs? - 12/21/17 12:35 AM

I actually went through a few litters before I decided on my girl. I wanted parents who had a "switch" so to speak. She is great around the house, camp, grand kids. But pull out a bumper or get her in the field and she is all business and going full tilt.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Lazy Labs? - 12/21/17 12:46 AM

What’s wrong with that? Some people want a lazy dog, (I’ll bet it’s a chocolate.) that’s what is wanted, You don’t have to buy one.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Lazy Labs? - 12/21/17 03:38 AM

Deleted
Posted By: glens

Re: Lazy Labs? - 12/21/17 01:01 PM

Years ago had 2. One black and the other chocolate. Both huge Labs. Black boy Gunner, was a go getter and Hershel was a sit down when you stopped and take me back to the truck guy. Chocolate Boy Hershel would literally fall asleep under foot while dove hitting and never wake up even when the shotguns were blazing. Gunner the black boy would pick up every bird that was shot and bring them back and drop at my feet. Made it interesting when hunting with several hunters. Died a year apart and around 13. Miss um both. .
Posted By: Guy

Re: Lazy Labs? - 12/21/17 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: BradyBuck
Labs are bred for a wide variety of reasons and for a wide range of different jobs.

The really amazing thing is when you find those labs who can do it all. They do exist!

That was my girl Molly. Great gun dog, and would have made a great therapy dog.
Posted By: KnightlingersGunDogs

Re: Lazy Labs? - 01/20/18 09:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Birdhunter61
Originally Posted By: kman2017

Actually, alot of service dogs are from field trial breedings

Robby

up Some of the best ones are!!
Posted By: Guy

Re: Lazy Labs? - 01/20/18 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Triple7
Do you take everything seriously? My point is that it is very different and it's funny. Lighten up and imagine a lab in a pool with a beer. geez

My girl Molly.

Posted By: KnightlingersGunDogs

Re: Lazy Labs? - 01/20/18 10:08 PM

Love the pic roflmao
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum