Texas Hunting Forum

What's the worst thing your dog has eaten?

Posted By: Exbellicus

What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/06/17 11:53 PM

Mine just ate an entire 'meat diaper' from the bottom of a chicken breast tray. I don't see any torn pieces so I'm pretty sure he ate it whole. We'll see how that goes for him.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/07/17 12:00 AM

A knee length woman's stocking. I thought her guts were coming out.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/07/17 12:07 AM

The grossest is probably cat [censored].

My 12 year old lab has eaten many things that according to Google should have killed her. I'm much more cautious these days about what is left out.

She's eaten an entire chocolate pie and a pan of about 12 yeast rolls left out to rise.

I haven't had a dog yet that didn't love cat crap and most at least like to take a bite of cow patty every now and then.
Posted By: Exbellicus

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/07/17 01:00 AM

I remember my sister's miniature cocker spaniel eating a 3lb chocolate bunny on Easter. Dad said he was getting the 5lb next year.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/07/17 01:31 AM

Poop and rocks
Posted By: Guy

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/07/17 02:40 AM

My dog ate a bar of soap last week, threw it all up.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/07/17 03:57 AM

A baseball... pulled string for days.
Posted By: LindseyUselton

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/07/17 05:22 AM

2 pairs of Oakley sunglasses, and destroyed our mattress. Thank goodness she is out of that stage!
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/07/17 12:33 PM

One likes soap, the other likes other dog droppings.

My brothers ate an entire extension cord. The vet had to help get that out.
Posted By: MS1454

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/07/17 01:29 PM

A whole butter stick, wrapper and all

The other dog, just the usual panty hose and socks.
Posted By: Stratgolfer

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/07/17 02:20 PM

Three takeout cartons of Chinese food that we had thrown away because it didn't taste very good. He looked like he was pregnant for two days.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/07/17 02:27 PM

A dead rotting Rattlesnake.
Posted By: TX_Diver

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/07/17 02:30 PM

Attic insulation.

Kept an eye on her for a few days and she didn't seem bothered at all.

I was nervous as google said it was pretty much guaranteed death, painful, etc. when a dog eats it.

I then googled "child ate attic insulation" and found that most people reported their children who ate it to be fine! Eased my mind a bit.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/07/17 02:39 PM

Not my dog but worked at a vet clinic through college. Had a lab crap a remote control for a tv.
Posted By: Ol_Yeller

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/07/17 02:44 PM

Half a carton of smokes. 4 raw chicken breasts marinating in oil and vinegar. Amazingly, no ill effects.

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/07/17 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Ol_Yeller
Half a carton of smokes. 4 raw chicken breasts marinating in oil and vinegar. Amazingly, no ill effects.

Surprised the smoked didn't at least make him/her Sick..lol

Those chicken breasts in oil was probably actually pretty healthy for him/her.

I've contemplated buying a bag of leg quarters to through to my dogs raw every now and then.
Posted By: Charlie Tuna

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/07/17 03:01 PM

My two GSP pups got into a tray of Christmas cookies during the day. When I go home they we in full sugar rush mode!!!

Pic is what I normally come home to. After the cookie raid they were zooming from room to room.
Posted By: Cochise

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/07/17 05:14 PM

Not our dogs - but wife had a client's dog that they had to do an exploratory on. Turns out it had eaten an 8" sex toy. Was an older church lady and she just "didn't know" where such a thing could have came from.

They get dogs all the time that have eaten meth, heroin, pills, etc.

Luckily about the only thing our dogs eat is soap.
Posted By: Cow_doc.308

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/11/17 02:42 AM

My heeler/aussie got into the neighbors trash when I was in college. Apparently they had some nasty molded food in there. She got super neurologic, trembling, stumbling around. She got over it through the day... but she got to spend the day at the vet school. Apparently the trash had molded food in it that was producing some mycotoxins.

I've seen a dog with a fishhook hung about halfway down the esophagus.

I always enjoy this contest that comes out every year. https://veterinarypracticenews.com/x-ray-contest-2017-ate/

One year they had a radiograph of a dog that ate an 8 inch ratchet.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/12/17 09:56 PM

Ok, the old lab has a cast iron gut you name it she's ate it. A couple more noteworthy are a lug nut, a whole loaf of white bread wrapper tie and all, and a four pound bag of uncooked rice. Looked like a watermelon with legs after the rice. A pound of coffee. The coup de gras was a buzzard, beak feet, and all.

At 7 weeks the Pudelpointer ate a battery powered cat toy that made a Cricket sound when he moved. Vet got him to throw it up and he ate it again before we could grab it. I named him "Cricket".
Posted By: Cast

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/12/17 10:05 PM

My big bag of beef jerky!

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/12/17 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Cochise
Not our dogs - but wife had a client's dog that they had to do an exploratory on. Turns out it had eaten an 8" sex toy. Was an older church lady and she just "didn't know" where such a thing could have came from.

Sounds like the stories my wife gets working at the ER. Lots of old men slipping and falling on objects that just happen to go right up their caboose...lol

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/13/17 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By: BradyBuck
Originally Posted By: Cochise

Sounds like the stories my wife gets working at the ER. Lots of old men slipping and falling on objects that just happen to go right up their caboose...lol
That's funny right there!
Posted By: Texasredneck70

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/13/17 08:12 PM

Neighbors cat, he brought me the head all proud.

Barry
Posted By: mdryg1970

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/14/17 04:23 PM

My neighbors chicken (Left a foot but no feather, WTF?!?), pouch of rat poison and a bowl of herseys kisses. Crapped tin foil for 3 days.
Posted By: JEKYLL & HYDE

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/14/17 06:40 PM

AN ENTIRE CHICKEN CARCASS!
I Bought a rotisserie style whole chicken already cooked, like HEB always has. took it home and cleaned all the breast meat and dark meat off threw everything else back into the container and then into the trash, my Golden Retriever dug it out and ate every bit. Bones skin and all.
Watched him close for the next 24 hours everything passsed thru no problem
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/14/17 09:08 PM

We had a german shepherd that ate a used...feminine napkin... he found in the bathroom trashcan. Unfortunately it did not pass and the adhesive caused it to stick inside his gut. We figured out something was wrong when he got the worst case of diarrhea EVER. He was in pain and swelling up so the Vet did exploratory surgery and had to remove the obstruction from his large intestine. It was a thousand dollar lesson on what should not be discarded in an open trashcan.
Posted By: Pointer

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/15/17 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
A knee length woman's stocking. I thought her guts were coming out.
roflmao

I had to laugh, Bill, one of mine ran around with a pink plastic bag hanging out, and I thought the same thing!

But you can't get worse than poopoo in my book, and they seem to relish it.

Pointers aren't the smartest dogs around.

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/15/17 01:34 AM

At least my pointer is the only one out my 3 dogs that doesn’t relish the poo
Posted By: Chet

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/15/17 01:48 PM

I have a young pointer female that jumps high enough to touch her head on a 6ft sun screen multiple times and then does her stuff. I wish that was the end of the story but once in a while she pics up a chunk and deposits it in her house. When I clean runs I check her house out and every now and then I find the deposit she made with barely a tooth mark on it. Don't know why she does it and can only say in her defense she doesn't eat it.
Posted By: rob valle

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/15/17 04:11 PM

A dead rat. Also a knotted length of women's panty hose that I had to pull out of his butt. He could not pass the knot! I also thought his guts were coming out, it looked terrible.
Posted By: Pointer

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/15/17 11:17 PM

I go out and scrape the pens once or twice a day. I have a flat shovel, and a hoe that I use to pull the poo on to the shovel with. When they see me start, they start eating.

I don't know whether they are trying to help me clean up or are afraid I'll pick it up before they get to.

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/15/17 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Pointer
I go out and scrape the pens once or twice a day. I have a flat shovel, and a hoe that I use to pull the poo on to the shovel with. When they see me start, they start eating.

I don't know whether they are trying to help me clean up or are afraid I'll pick it up before they get to.
roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: Chet

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/16/17 12:16 AM

I remember the guy that drank scotch on the "red neck tour" used to tell about his dog that eat it so much that his yard was pooh free. Neighbors wanted to borrow his dog to do their yards but he wouldn't do it, said it may ruin his appetite and his work at home.

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/16/17 01:22 AM

roflmao
Posted By: Tbar

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/16/17 01:44 AM

I don't know what mine ate the other day but daaaaaang, that dog yacked people size yack all over the seat of my UTV. Almost sat down in it. eek2
Posted By: JKib

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/16/17 12:24 PM

I had a lab that would eat the whole head of ducks I cleaned, bill and all. It made the worst sounds as the bones crunched. He would literally stand at the tailgate and wait as I cleaned them

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/16/17 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Chet
I remember the guy that drank scotch on the "red neck tour" used to tell about his dog that eat it so much that his yard was pooh free. Neighbors wanted to borrow his dog to do their yards but he wouldn't do it, said it may ruin his appetite and his work at home.
roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/16/17 02:36 PM

That was “Sluggo” the English bulldog
Posted By: TackDriver

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/16/17 03:20 PM

My male chocolate lab ate the whole head of a cat and then he would walk up and down the backyard with the headless cat in his mouth, took me 5 minutes to tug it out of his mouth after I heard a little kid say " Mommy, I cannot find my cat" coming from a new neighbor next door. eek2 The dog did not want to part with it. He must hate cats so much.
Posted By: Trihunt

Re: What's the worst thing your dog has eaten? - 12/28/17 08:08 PM

Light bulbs
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum