Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for a Boykin

Posted By: JTS

Looking for a Boykin - 12/01/17 07:21 PM

I would like to get on a list for a Boykin. Would like to find a good hunting line who has recently had pups or will be having pups in February or March. I'm located in north Texas, but willing to travel for the right litter.
Posted By: RayB

Re: Looking for a Boykin - 12/03/17 02:27 AM

http://www.gundogbreeders.com/breeders-by-breed/boykin-spaniel/
On the lease today with a guy who owns a Boykin, that pooch never stopped
Good luck
Posted By: JenvyBritts

Re: Looking for a Boykin - 12/04/17 12:28 AM

Highly recommend Texas Trace, in Hempstead (about an hour north of Houston). I have worked with them for 7+ years very closely. They are very careful in planning breeding that'll produce top quality hunting dogs. Their dogs all have health clearances, very sound structure, excellent temperaments and amazing hunt drive and intelligence. Texas Trace has countless AKC titled dogs in several different venues. Great dogs and great breeders. Check them out!
Posted By: houstonLBD

Re: Looking for a Boykin - 12/04/17 01:16 AM

I’ll be attempting to breed my female again in the late Spring. Her fall breeding did not take. She is the only female boykin in Texas with her Hunting Retriever Champion (HRCH) title. She is a 2x Boykin Spaniel Society National Field Trial Finalist in the Open class, with a 3rd place finish in 2016. Competed in 2016 Hunting Retriever Club Spring Grand. 100% owner/amateur trained. Her sire is a 4x Boykin Spaniel Society National Field Trial Champion. I’ll attach her pedigree. If you’re looking for something sooner, I’ll be happy to let you know of any other litters that I would recommend. HRCH Ariel Pedigree
Posted By: patrick123

Re: Looking for a Boykin - 12/05/17 12:02 AM

call greg at texas trace i have had two of his dogs and they are great... my current one is just under 2yrs old. if you want to chat message me
Posted By: Bud1Pointer

Re: Looking for a Boykin - 12/07/17 12:25 AM

X3 on Texas Trace.
Posted By: BobMac

Re: Looking for a Boykin - 12/11/17 12:42 PM

Talk to Josh- Houston LBD his little female is a great dog and you will be please with a pup.
Posted By: agoodman

Re: Looking for a Boykin - 12/12/17 03:30 AM

X4 for Texas trace. Picked up a started do from in March. She has been doing great so far this Quail season
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum