Texas Hunting Forum

My bitch is in season question

Posted By: HornSlayer

My bitch is in season question - 09/29/17 04:45 PM

My dog was born 12/29/15 so she is now 22 months and this is her second heat. Her first heat came at the end of October last year and it began about four weeks earlier this year. If she had one this spring it has short lived and we didn't notice it. My question is what are the odds she continues to come in season in September or should I expect it will occurs in March and September of next year? And if she does come in March is there a way to force a heat in August to move her cycle up a month?
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: My bitch is in season question - 09/30/17 12:06 AM

never heard of forcing a heat cycle, my experience is that they are pretty much with in a week of each cycle
Posted By: TX_Diver

Re: My bitch is in season question - 10/01/17 12:12 AM

Heard rumors that putting them around other dogs in heat will sometimes induce a cycle early. Seen it a few times but it's always been within a few weeks of when the dog would cycle anyways so hard to say whether it was truly from being around other dogs in heat of if the dog just came in early. My dog seems to go into heat every 5 months or so. Kinda a pain but at least this year she'll hopefully be earlier than the hunt test season.
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: My bitch is in season question - 10/02/17 01:24 PM

My dogs generally cycle every six months and yes, if one cycles it seems that it will bring the others in season, especially those kenneled close by.
This can be a problem when the hunting is really good and it is lion season.
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: rowdydog1

Re: My bitch is in season question - 10/06/17 10:51 PM

I'm curious, why would you want to move her cycle up 1 month?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum