Posted By: BradyBuck

Kimber Water Mark #2 - 09/03/16 04:13 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=18E2FJijhcQ&feature=youtu.be
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Kimber Water Mark #2 - 09/04/16 02:46 PM

Very nice! She is doing awesome!
Posted By: HuntCrafted

Re: Kimber Water Mark #2 - 09/07/16 12:36 AM

Nice! What kind of launcher are you using?

Re: Kimber Water Mark #2 - 09/07/16 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By: DuckBuckGoose
Nice! What kind of launcher are you using?

I've got two ZingerWingers one "Field trailer" model and the other a "Mini". The one in the vid was the Mini.

I'm using Dogtra elections.
Posted By: Sweese

Re: Kimber Water Mark #2 - 09/07/16 02:28 AM

She is doing great. Try to get a few decoys out there too. You want her to get use to seeing them, and just ignore them when heading to the mark. You may see decoys in a started test.

Re: Kimber Water Mark #2 - 09/07/16 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Sweese
She is doing great. Try to get a few decoys out there too. You want her to get use to seeing them, and just ignore them when heading to the mark. You may see decoys in a started test.

I've been thinking I need to do that for a while. I neglected to introduce her to decoys. We keep all our gear at a friend of mines shop and I just haven't gone and got any...we have hundreds new and old.

I did have 1/2 dozen Canada floaters in my garage so I sat two out in the yard and threw the bumper around and she didn't pay them any mind. I threw right up next to them and walked her up right in front so she had to jump over one.

I'll make sure I bring some home after the teal opener Saturday.
Posted By: Sweese

Re: Kimber Water Mark #2 - 09/08/16 01:14 AM

Some young dogs launch into decoys and just stay there and hunt. It sounds like she will be fine.

I always keep some junk decoys for training. When the puppies are young I just put them in the yard. You want your dog to think they are just part of the landscape.

I hope all goes well for the teal opener.

Re: Kimber Water Mark #2 - 09/08/16 02:33 AM

The teal opener should be a blast but I'm not taking Kimber. It'll be to much for her and I want to shoot teal. We will be in layouts and she's never been around them as well as a least one other dog she's never been around.

I've been dove hunting now four times and I took Kimber three of them and once I didn't shoot just worked with her. I had just as much fun if not more just working with her and not shooting. I get to go a few times a week so I'll get my chances in to just shoot. She's really exceeded all my expectations for her first season so far.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum