Posted By: DrifterAT

Re: Kimber 9 months water marks vid - 08/31/16 08:29 PM

She's looking good!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Kimber 9 months water marks vid - 09/01/16 12:39 AM

cheers
Posted By: passthru

Re: Kimber 9 months water marks vid - 09/01/16 02:51 AM

Looks good. I just don't understand you being on one side and Kimber the other starting out. Pup did an excellent long retrieve. Mainly I'm wondering if I'm missing something in my training regimen.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Kimber 9 months water marks vid - 09/01/16 03:40 AM

It wasn't so much that I meant to be on one side and her on the other as it was just what that pond offered me to get a good long mark that didn't afford her the opportunity to cheat...well cheat much. She still tried to stay in that shallow water as long as possible but it was a fairly straight shot. That shallow water she was running down is just a peninsula and there is just as much water on the other side of that island.

I do a ton of marks with her from a remote sit like that. I train so much by myself that it's the only way to get a lot of good marks in. I also have two wingers that I use a lot so I still get in the marks sent from my side.

She was sitting at the start in the peninsula and I was across at the top left.

Posted By: passthru

Re: Kimber 9 months water marks vid - 09/01/16 04:27 PM

That's a great training set up you have. I've struggled at times to work long marks on my own. Perhaps you have given me an option.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Kimber 9 months water marks vid - 09/08/16 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: passthru
That's a great training set up you have. I've struggled at times to work long marks on my own. Perhaps you have given me an option.

Stand alone marks are good and I do a lot of them because I train alone 90% of the time but having someone to throw birds or at least a few wingers is also important.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum