Texas Hunting Forum

Ticks

Posted By: JEmberson

Ticks - 05/26/16 11:44 PM

Every once in a while my lab will pick up several ticks. Normally about 2 weeks after he's had his flea/tick combo treatment. That's fine, I find them and pull them. They really eat him up though. I can find each and every spot he's ever had one. It starts as a lump, then scabs and eventually loses the hair until it regrows.
Anyone else seen this? I've never had a dog react this badly. He's 110% but I just wanted to make sure. I'll take him in when my mutt goes to the vet in a few weeks to see what they say too.

Edit to add a photo of him seeing as hes now 14 months... (Sitting side saddle lazy, he's hot after running a few bumpers this afternoon)
Posted By: passthru

Re: Ticks - 05/27/16 03:25 AM

I've seen it happen like that on a dog.

I see he still sitting like a pup. That frustrated me so much with my Tess. She finally got out of it but it was killing me for a while.
Posted By: JEmberson

Re: Ticks - 05/27/16 04:47 AM

When the bumper comes out, he goes in to work mode and straightens up. It's been hot and humid down here today and he suffers in it badly, I cut him some slack if I haven't asked him to sit and he's just resting.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum