Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone know a good Boykin breeder?

Posted By: KennyLee

Anyone know a good Boykin breeder? - 04/23/16 03:08 AM

Am really leaning towards buying a Boykin puppy, but having a hard time figuring out where to start. Not in a rush, but would like to do something in next few months.

Anyone have someone they'd recommend? Hard to learn much just looking online.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Anyone know a good Boykin breeder? - 04/23/16 03:18 AM

Just saw a litter posted on the retriever training forum out of KY or TN. Nice lines.

Re: Anyone know a good Boykin breeder? - 04/23/16 04:22 AM

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Found a litter in Alabama that looks reputable. Driving to Fla around the time they'll be available, so may check them out. Would sure prefer to pick up in person. Just not many around Texas or adjoining states.

Guess you didn't float away in Wise? Wanted to go up there this weekend, but gonna let it dry out a bit.

Re: Anyone know a good Boykin breeder? - 04/23/16 08:15 PM

Barely hanging on. River still running wide open. I think they finally opened 380 at Runaway Bay today.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Anyone know a good Boykin breeder? - 04/23/16 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Leonardo
Barely hanging on. River still running wide open. I think they finally opened 380 at Runaway Bay today.

Did you find a lease yet?

Re: Anyone know a good Boykin breeder? - 04/24/16 03:07 AM

Not yet. Still have mine from last year. Not letting go of it until i find something better. Have a few prospects but havent nailed anything down.
Posted By: BobMac

Re: Anyone know a good Boykin breeder? - 04/24/16 01:39 PM

Got both of mine came from Brandywine Boykins outside of Indy. Phil & Karen Hinchman. Expect to get on waiting list.

Bob Mcneill
Posted By: houstonLBD

Re: Anyone know a good Boykin breeder? - 04/24/16 08:44 PM

Kenny, I'll be looking to breed my Boykin sometime in mid May to early June, to another very proven hunt test sire. If you would like to be added to the list, PM me your contact info. Also, there is a Texas Boykin event occurring May 7th. Check out texasbrowndog.com for details.
Posted By: portlandref09

Re: Anyone know a good Boykin breeder? - 04/25/16 03:23 AM

I've heard good things from Greg Copeland with Texas-Trace Kennels north of Houston. I am considering getting a pup from him, however, I am 2 hours from SC so I may end up bringing one home when I return back to Texas later this fall.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Anyone know a good Boykin breeder? - 05/03/16 08:39 PM

I am training at a facility in Valley Mills this weekend. It will be all Boykins as it is a Texas Boykins event. If you like I can snoop around a bit and get the low down.
Posted By: thecoach

Re: Anyone know a good Boykin breeder? - 05/04/16 06:28 PM

Where at in Valley Mills, is it open to the public? I've always thought owning a Boykin would be awesome, mainly because that is my last name! Also, when the 2 dachshunds kick the bucket I'm going to get "me" a dog.

Re: Anyone know a good Boykin breeder? - 05/06/16 01:05 PM

I'd be interested in whatever you can learn down there. Ideally, I'd like to get one sometime this summer.

Re: Anyone know a good Boykin breeder? - 05/06/16 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: thecoach
Where at in Valley Mills, is it open to the public? I've always thought owning a Boykin would be awesome, mainly because that is my last name! Also, when the 2 dachshunds kick the bucket I'm going to get "me" a dog.

I don't know if it is public or not. I don't even know where I am headed as she has not sent the email with directions yet.

Re: Anyone know a good Boykin breeder? - 05/06/16 07:09 PM

It is not public so to speak. The lady offered if someone wished to speak to one of the breeders they were welcome to come out. text me I will get you to the right place.
Posted By: Nitronx898

Re: Anyone know a good Boykin breeder? - 05/09/16 01:54 AM

Seen some for sale on Texas bow hunter.com
Posted By: passthru

Re: Anyone know a good Boykin breeder? - 05/09/16 10:31 PM

Yeah but if you post it here it will get wacked. Tried.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum