Texas Hunting Forum

East Texas Quail

Posted By: Stoneface

East Texas Quail - 09/03/15 05:04 AM

Anyone know any place to buy quail in Texas, east of Dallas. I'm going to Poetry Shooting Club in Terrell and need to pick some up for training.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: East Texas Quail - 09/03/15 12:54 PM

Poetry should have them.
Posted By: shooterwalter

Re: East Texas Quail - 09/03/15 08:03 PM

Yes I will have quail. I have homers and electronic launchers now.

For the record you cannot train or use Quail outside of season unless you are on A Private Bird Hunting Area licensed by the State of Texas. In or out of season if buying Quail from A licensed Game Bird Breeder be sure to get an invoice with establishment name, address, date, phone and number of quail purchased. Quail that are hunted In or Out on A Private Bird Hunting Area must be banned with owners number.

Poetry Shooting Club is licensed by the State of Texas as a Game Bird Breeder and A Private Bird Hunting Area.

We are only 35 miles east of Dallas and will get our first quail on September 25th. I always try to sell quail to bird dog owners to train with at their own place. Usually I can accommodate at a little under my current market price.

Best time to buy Quail is the same day I get my Quail and best pricing in lots of 25 or more. Bring your own crates .

I will be getting Quail on Sept 25, Oct 9th and Nov 6th

Deposits required and you must pick up that afternoon or evening.

Hope this helps
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum