Texas Hunting Forum

Hotel Dog Policy

Posted By: stinkbelly

Hotel Dog Policy - 08/10/15 06:40 PM

I stayed at a La Quinta Inn this past week and I really liked their dog policy. Their website says dogs are welcome with some restrictions.

Posted By: Cast

Re: Hotel Dog Policy - 08/10/15 06:47 PM

Dogs love La Quinta.
Posted By: sallysue

Re: Hotel Dog Policy - 08/10/15 07:34 PM

aint that true
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Hotel Dog Policy - 08/11/15 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: stinkbelly
I stayed at a La Quinta Inn this past week and I really liked their dog policy. Their website says dogs are welcome with some restrictions.

That is awesome.
Posted By: whiteowl

Re: Hotel Dog Policy - 08/11/15 03:28 PM

In Dumas? Stayed there bout a month ago on the way to Colorado. Best Western in Dalhart is great with dogs also.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Hotel Dog Policy - 08/11/15 05:21 PM

It is my #1 choice when traveling with my dog. Never a hastle. I get a pretty good discount through my firefighters assoc at most. AARP members get a good discount. Good enough that the membership cost would be much less than the discount on the stay. There is a state government employee discount code as well. There are probably others. Be sure to set up for points too. I know I have at least one free night on mine already. Do know though that there are some small motel laquintas, not many, but some in bad parts of towns that can be trashy and dangerous .and those will not refund reservations when you get there and find it unsafe or untenable despite the company's guarantee. So do check reviews if traveling to an area your not familiar with.

Re: Hotel Dog Policy - 08/11/15 06:20 PM

Yes Dumas. I was very pleased.
Posted By: Elpatoloco

Re: Hotel Dog Policy - 08/11/15 07:54 PM

Nice
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Hotel Dog Policy - 08/11/15 08:08 PM

I believe it is company policy they are dog friendly.
Posted By: Gdogg

Re: Hotel Dog Policy - 08/12/15 05:13 PM

Did they charge a cleaning fee?

Re: Hotel Dog Policy - 08/12/15 07:00 PM

No fee at LaQuinta for dogs. They get free breakfast too.
Posted By: Gdogg

Re: Hotel Dog Policy - 08/12/15 07:02 PM

I'm all about pet friendly hotels, I don't like getting hit with the 25 dollar a night pet fee, especially when I'm staying multiple nights.

Re: Hotel Dog Policy - 08/12/15 07:03 PM

No fees at LQ.
Posted By: rborn

Re: Hotel Dog Policy - 08/14/15 08:54 PM

That's awesome.
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Hotel Dog Policy - 08/17/15 03:21 PM

Just got back from Galveston and stayed at the LQ with our two labs - pretty much what everyone else is saying - no issues what so ever and they had zero problems with the dogs. My only complaint is that they don't really have any good grassy areas for dogs to go to the bathroom - they have one spot and it is tiny and had a ton of sandburs / stickers and apparently my labs think they are too good for that - luckily there is a dog park a few blocks from there. I was surprised at not just how dog friendly the LQ was, but the whole city.

Re: Hotel Dog Policy - 08/18/15 10:25 AM

The La Quinta Inn in Dumas has really nice grass all around the building. It also has doggy bags to pick up your dogs droppings. I saw no dog droppings anywhere on the grass.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum