Texas Hunting Forum

Fireworks

Posted By: bill oxner

Fireworks - 07/04/15 11:22 PM

Cracker doesn't like them but she's calm in her kennel. How about your dogs?
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Fireworks - 07/04/15 11:42 PM

Mine barked for a bit on the first one or two. Than he calmed down and watched them
Posted By: Eagle 1

Re: Fireworks - 07/05/15 12:27 AM

I bring them in and kennel them. Take no chances.
Posted By: MS1454

Re: Fireworks - 07/05/15 12:58 AM

One of mine which is scared of thunder as well goes and hides. The other one doesn't mind too much.
Posted By: Angie B

Re: Fireworks - 07/05/15 03:57 AM

All's good in the kennel and house.

Angie
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Fireworks - 07/05/15 12:57 PM

During the town fireworks show nearby, Dash ran around the back yard all excited looking for something to hunt or retrieve. Then just sat in the middle of the yard listening to distant fireworks the rest of the time. He's a clown. Blaze now retired could care less. Besides she does not hear well anymore anyway. I think young Dash associates it to a big field Dove hunt same my older Vizsla Blaze used to do. But I agree unless you really know well that your dog is ok with it, they should not be exposed to it.
Posted By: sallysue

Re: Fireworks - 07/05/15 01:26 PM

Me and Miss Dee slept right through it with no problems
Posted By: maximumintensityretriever

Re: Fireworks - 07/05/15 03:09 PM

No problems
Posted By: passthru

Re: Fireworks - 07/05/15 03:25 PM

They are illegal here in our town.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Fireworks - 07/05/15 03:25 PM

Fireworks, not dogs.
Posted By: kindall

Re: Fireworks - 07/05/15 04:10 PM

I have one that doesn't care for them, the other 2 could carless. I just turn the TV, or radio on a little louder in the house, and all is well.
Posted By: Pointer

Re: Fireworks - 07/05/15 08:48 PM

I have some that normally eat like horses. They were upset and wouldn't touch their food last night. I think they were upset because they could not go to the "guns".

Night before last, I was hearing some extremely loud reports. I figured my BIL(also neighbor) had cornered a varmint and was trying to close the deal close to my house. I grabbed my trusty LCR, and a battery powered spotlight and stepped out into the yard. What was really happening, was a couple of kids shooting skyrockets off, at the intersection just yards away from my house. I really had no legal grounds to run them off...They were on public roads, outside of town, but it was upsetting my dogs and myself. I stood by my pickup and watched in the dark for a while. Finally, one of them asked "Do you want us to go somewhere else?" I replied, "I sure do!", They packed up and left. I am certain they were calling me all kinds of ugly, but I sure appreciated their cooperation.
Posted By: Pointer

Re: Fireworks - 07/05/15 08:50 PM

I have some that normally eat like horses. They were upset and wouldn't touch their food last night. I think they were upset because they could not go to the "guns".

Night before last, I was hearing some extremely loud reports. I figured my BIL(also neighbor) had cornered a varmint and was trying to close the deal close to my house. I grabbed my trusty LCR, and a battery powered spotlight and stepped out into the yard. What was really happening, was a couple of kids shooting skyrockets off, at the intersection just yards away from my house. I really had no legal grounds to run them off...They were on public roads, outside of town, but it was upsetting my dogs and myself. I stood by my pickup and watched in the dark for a while. Finally, one of them asked "Do you want us to go somewhere else?" I replied, "I sure do!", They packed up and left. I am certain they were calling me all kinds of ugly, but I sure appreciated their cooperation.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Fireworks - 07/06/15 04:34 AM

Bocephus perked up and let a warning bark out at 4 am when some hoodlums were firing Roman candles off in the middle of the street. He quickly went back to sleep. We took him across the road to watch the city fireworks go off last night and people were firing off all over the place. He couldn't care less. Doesn't care about thunder either and he is even gun broken.
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: Fireworks - 07/06/15 10:31 AM

Izzy kept running circles trying to hunt something. Deuce didn't notice.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Fireworks - 07/06/15 01:26 PM

Only Ace (English Pointer) is scared of them. He just hides in his dog house and doesn't eat good for a couple of days. Then he's right back to his crazy self. Out of the 7 Brittany's we have, one of them "Jake" gets a little nervous but he wants to go to the front door every time he hears one of the big boomer ones so he's not really scared of them, he just wants to know what they are.
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: Fireworks - 07/06/15 07:57 PM

Didn't phase Rosie one bit. They just built some city slicker houses behind me and it sounded like WW3.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Fireworks - 07/06/15 08:23 PM

Doesn't bother my dogs but was able to return a good dog to its owner on Sunday.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum