Texas Hunting Forum

Desperately seeking copperheads

Posted By: wal1809

Desperately seeking copperheads - 06/22/15 02:14 PM

I see pictures all the time of dead copperheads. I need a live healthy one for dog training. I will pay $50 for a live healthy 2 foot copperhead. I will come get it within an hour drive of Sealy, Texas. If you are up in Dallas and get one, then put it in a bucket with some water and air holes. I will pick it up the first weekend in August. I will even through in a free training session on top of the $50. My customers are all wishing and have been wishing I could find one. I am going to do my best to find one for them.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 06/23/15 10:39 AM

Dang, if I knew last week you were looking for one I might could have convinced the gf (no way in hell am I doing it lol) to catch the one we saw at the lake.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 06/23/15 12:55 PM

I haven't seen one in a couple of years. I killed one 28" on a lease in Evant years ago. Had several around there but most of them weren't that large. Mean little buggers though when stepped on or caught.
Posted By: JDShellnut

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 06/23/15 02:16 PM

I'll see what I can do. Post up if you get one.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 06/23/15 02:22 PM

Mine all asudden disappeared... bout right
Posted By: rborn

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 06/23/15 03:00 PM

I might have you covered, and close to Sealy. I'll let you know this weekend.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 06/23/15 03:57 PM

I may be headed down that direction tomorrow if someone in the Fort Worth area catches one today I will haul it.
Posted By: rborn

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 06/28/15 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: rborn
I might have you covered, and close to Sealy. I'll let you know this weekend.

My BIL was going to catch one this weekend for you, but he is not able to. I'll see if he is able within the next couple of weeks.
Posted By: pervis

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 06/28/15 08:14 PM

If I woulda known I'd of saved u a rattle snake but I shot it and we re frying it for dinner tonight. Almost stepped on it going to check feeders.

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/01/15 12:58 PM

Oh btw 713 530 9182 Call or text me when you get one clap
Posted By: Hogman4127

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/01/15 08:55 PM

Hopefully I will catch a few copper heads and cotton mouths while port arthur next week. Trying to convince the bride how cool it will be to have a snake pen in the back yard. Kinda like the one at BP. She is not liking the idea so far.

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/02/15 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Hogman4127
Hopefully I will catch a few copper heads and cotton mouths while port arthur next week. Trying to convince the bride how cool it will be to have a snake pen in the back yard. Kinda like the one at BP. She is not liking the idea so far.

My wife is so used to rattlesnakes now she doesn't even blink. She was petrified at first.
Posted By: CuttingEdge

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/02/15 03:41 PM

Thank you, Wayne!
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/06/15 06:20 PM

Did you get any copperheads? I put the word out.

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/06/15 07:35 PM

No I keep getting emails and texts that say this "Dern I wish I had known you needed copperheads, I just killed five last week". bang bang bang
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/06/15 07:41 PM

I tried to catch one Saturday night. It was crossing the road, I jump out of the truck with a feed sack. It made it to the shoulder in tall grass and I lost interest for some reason. bolt
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/07/15 01:00 AM

Wal, I'm gonna try but my mom is in the hospital and time is limited. I live in Bridgeport and have been in Abilene at the hospital for the last week. Hopefully, some time will free up in the next week or so. My wife has killed 11 in the last week at my house.
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/07/15 10:54 AM

So what would needed to be done if someone caught one now to make sure it was fresh for the training on August 1? Just put it in a bucket with a top, some holes, water, and in the shade?

How many do you really want and what is your lower size limit? I know you said 2 foot above, but as we get closer that may get shorter.

I don't have any, but I am trying to help.

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/07/15 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: stinkbelly
So what would needed to be done if someone caught one now to make sure it was fresh for the training on August 1? Just put it in a bucket with a top, some holes, water, and in the shade?

How many do you really want and what is your lower size limit? I know you said 2 foot above, but as we get closer that may get shorter.

I don't have any, but I am trying to help.

Exactly those procedures. It will be fine as long as it doesn't get hot. If the sun hits that bucket he will die soon after.
Posted By: MS1454

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/07/15 06:58 PM

I killed a small one in the garage this past weekend in Sealy.Opps

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/09/15 04:03 AM

Originally Posted By: stinkbelly
Did you get any copperheads? I put the word out.
The one I chased with a feed sack was off FM 730 on Tucker. If push comes to shove, you and I can drive the roads around the lake one night until we come across one. I'll hold the light!
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/10/15 07:52 PM

I put the word out to some friends in E Texas, we'll see if we can't get you one by August.

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/25/15 02:40 PM

How you coming on this? I saw this on the news last night. Does anyone know these folks.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Copperhead-Snakes-Take-Over-Weatherford-Property-318232301.html
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/25/15 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: HornSlayer
How you coming on this? I saw this on the news last night. Does anyone know these folks.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Copperhead-Snakes-Take-Over-Weatherford-Property-318232301.html
eeks333
Posted By: TX_Diver

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/26/15 07:56 PM

Sent you a PM. A buddy just got a bunch of rattlers from a guy. May be worth calling him and seeing if he's got any copperheads.
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/27/15 02:26 AM

These are the only ones I will give away

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/29/15 12:05 PM

I have three LIVE copperheads in custody. We are good to go fellas.

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/29/15 12:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Pittstate

These are the only ones I will give away

That is a shame, you spent $100 bucks killing two snakes.
Posted By: cyberpyrot

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/29/15 05:08 PM

sorry bud I just missed a fifteen footer.

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 07/30/15 06:35 PM

You can keep the 15 footer
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Desperately seeking copperheads - 08/02/15 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By: wal1809
I have three LIVE copperheads in custody.

I'm sorry.

bolt
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum