Texas Hunting Forum

Best Plastic dog crate for the money

Posted By: bobcat1

Best Plastic dog crate for the money - 06/14/15 10:54 PM

Good grief these things have went up. Looking for the best for the money not necessarily the highest priced. Just a good quality kennel.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Best Plastic dog crate for the money - 06/14/15 11:50 PM

I think they're all about the same. Get the cheapest you can find that fis your needs. It's no big deal.
Posted By: Catch Dog

Re: Best Plastic dog crate for the money - 06/14/15 11:53 PM

Why plastic? I have two plastic kennels from 15yrs ago that got put to the side as for the money and longevity, aluminum is the way to go. I even had one that a buddy built for me that was made out of outdoor sign material. It was better than anything I had, till a damn old bulldog decided she wanted out! My opinion of course on the plastic stuff.
Posted By: easton1025

Re: Best Plastic dog crate for the money - 06/15/15 12:11 AM

The new on that KONG makes is a POS..Neat door features that swing open or lifts up...I took mine back after a week after both my Labs figured out they can push them open...
Posted By: kindall

Re: Best Plastic dog crate for the money - 06/15/15 01:35 AM

If your dog is not one that tries to chew through a crate, just about any of them will do.
If you have one that's out to destroy a crate, try the Ruff tough kennels.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Best Plastic dog crate for the money - 06/15/15 04:46 PM

Keep an eye out for one to pop up on the forum for sale. I have gotten a couple for real cheap and one for free. Like others said, they are pretty much all the same. But the ruff tuff's. And you can find a nice used Aluminum box for what one of those cost.
Posted By: huck18

Re: Best Plastic dog crate for the money - 06/15/15 05:28 PM

Rough Tough Kennels. There not cheap but high quality and they have nice features others don't. May be more than you want to spend though.

Re: Best Plastic dog crate for the money - 06/15/15 07:35 PM

Thanks everyone. up
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Best Plastic dog crate for the money - 06/15/15 11:33 PM

Academy. I bought 2, they are lightweight and well made. They are not the heavy duty kind. But work great for my needs, Big one for indoor sleeping one size smaller to keep in Outback.

Re: Best Plastic dog crate for the money - 06/15/15 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
Academy. I bought 2, they are lightweight and well made. They are not the heavy duty kind. But work great for my needs, Big one for indoor sleeping one size smaller to keep in Outback.

Bingo. It's no big thing.
Posted By: ElmoSnerd

Re: Best Plastic dog crate for the money - 06/16/15 04:21 PM

If your dog is one that constantly tries to get out or is a chewer a plastic one is the best choice. Wire kennels give them too many places to paw and pull. Because of the smooth construction there is not much for him for him to get his mouth or paws on. I pop riveted a piece of light sheet metal on the lower part of the inside of the door. Worked great with my lab that hated to kennel. My other lab will stay in a cardboard box. Don't even need a door on his kennel.
Posted By: blanked

Re: Best Plastic dog crate for the money - 06/17/15 07:51 AM

If your buying new pups every 6 years or so buy a quality ruff tuff to handle all the different dog personalities

If your current dog is your last dog then buy a crate specifically for him

Re: Best Plastic dog crate for the money - 06/21/15 09:38 PM

I found my friend but the kennel was junk anymore. So I went all out and bought a Ruff Tuff for the new pup. Got it big enough for him when he will be full grown. It's the medium one. I saw a video where a 63 lb viszla got in one the same size easily.

Re: Best Plastic dog crate for the money - 06/21/15 09:43 PM

I like the doors the way they will open from either side. Good move.

Re: Best Plastic dog crate for the money - 06/21/15 10:44 PM

Thanks Bill. It should last the lifetime of the Cocker I am getting...... It better. wink
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum