Texas Hunting Forum

We now have a training water moccasin

Posted By: wal1809

We now have a training water moccasin - 06/04/15 01:08 PM

It was way too early to be wrangling one of these little buggers this morning but he gave me no choice. That is my front porch 2 foot from the front door. So we now have a water moccasin to train with.
Posted By: Judd

Re: We now have a training water moccasin - 06/04/15 08:48 PM

How did you keep Bull off that thing?
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: We now have a training water moccasin - 06/04/15 09:00 PM

@#$! that. Hate those things with a passion.
Posted By: Hogman4127

Re: We now have a training water moccasin - 06/04/15 09:55 PM

cleanup on isle #1..
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: We now have a training water moccasin - 06/05/15 12:23 AM

pure evil....
Posted By: passthru

Re: We now have a training water moccasin - 06/05/15 03:08 AM

That's a small snake. Squash it with your heal.

Re: We now have a training water moccasin - 06/05/15 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Judd

I would like to say because I am the most bad arse dog trainer int he world. The truth is he darted for his pee tree when I opened the door. He couldn't see it aas Only a little portion of it was sticking out from behind the dog bed.

Re: We now have a training water moccasin - 06/05/15 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By: passthru
That's a small snake. Squash it with your heal.

NO way. That snake went into the snake pit. I will use him to train dogs.

Re: We now have a training water moccasin - 06/05/15 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: wal1809

I would like to say because I am the most bad arse dog trainer int he world. The truth is he darted for his pee tree when I opened the door. He couldn't see it aas Only a little portion of it was sticking out from behind the dog bed.

You are...he was named Bull for a reason, maybe a bit hardheaded? wink

Re: We now have a training water moccasin - 06/06/15 12:47 PM

You are...he was named Bull for a reason, maybe a bit hardheaded? wink

Lol. He is and has always been a tester. He always pushed to the edge so far as listening to humans. Never will he come back with a bird in a straight line. Even if it is one step off line he will try to get his way. I finally accepted that I dont need him to stay on a 3 foot line on the return. He isnt competing, I am not competing so sometimes I just have to let some things go.
Posted By: passthru

Re: We now have a training water moccasin - 06/08/15 01:11 AM

Not me. Every venomous snake gets a rock or rat shot. Hoe, shovel . . . You get the picture. Rat snakes, bull snakes etc get a pass.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: We now have a training water moccasin - 06/21/15 02:38 PM

Man, that's scary. Right under a dog bed! At least you've trained yours to avoid them, I'm sure. And good for your clients to have another species for training.

Re: We now have a training water moccasin - 06/21/15 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter
Man, that's scary. Right under a dog bed! At least you've trained yours to avoid them, I'm sure. And good for your clients to have another species for training.

Generally a moc won't kill a dog...strong dose of benedryl and rest they will come out of it just fine.
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: We now have a training water moccasin - 06/22/15 11:20 AM

Keep him alive until at least August.

Re: We now have a training water moccasin - 06/22/15 01:20 PM

That little %^&*&%-@#$%^& almost got me thought the wire cage Saturday. I got my finger close to the cage and he got his fang to the skin of my finger, fast.

I believe Judd is correct. Generally a moc won't kill a dog...strong dose of benedryl and rest they will come out of it just fine.
Posted By: Jtmeeks

Re: We now have a training water moccasin - 07/07/15 12:40 AM

he would have got the 30-06... 3 pound rock from 3 feet away
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: We now have a training water moccasin - 07/17/15 10:43 PM

That little %^&*&%-@#$%^& almost got me thought the wire cage Saturday. I got my finger close to the cage and he got his fang to the skin of my finger, fast.

I believe Judd is correct. Generally a moc won't kill a dog...strong dose of benedryl and rest they will come out of it just fine.

The old man I hunted with as a boy would call Copperheads "Timber Moccasins" because they are related. He said he'd seen then crossbreed and make Copper Moccasins.
Posted By: shooterwalter

Re: We now have a training water moccasin - 07/18/15 03:15 PM

glad you saw the snake in time
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum