Texas Hunting Forum

Mad River kennels

Posted By: duckhunter55

Mad River kennels - 04/25/15 07:21 PM

Anyone ever heard of this trainer?
Posted By: caddokiller

Re: Mad River kennels - 04/26/15 02:44 AM

I used to deliver their dog food to them and I know they had the most well behaved dogs I have ever seen. Some of the retrieving they had them doing was top notch.
Posted By: UTMallard

Re: Mad River kennels - 04/27/15 02:52 PM

Frank and Mike are good guys and very accomplished field trial trainers. I sent my dog there specifically for swim by (3 weeks) because I didn't have regular access to water and they did a good job. I have day trained there a couple of times as well. They are very fair to the dogs and encourage you to come out and train as often as you'd like.
Posted By: Mud Shark

Re: Mad River kennels - 04/28/15 07:20 PM

Frank and Mike are great, and as mentioned, very accomplished professional field trial trainers. They know and have trained with the best and tutored some of the really good upcoming trainers. I go out there with my dog regularly, meaning she doesn't stay out there, but I take her out there and go train. Frank, more than Mike, works with me directly. However, Mike is always around to help as well. He teaches me how to teach/train a dog.
They're awesome in reading dogs and figuring out what makes them "click".

I'd suggest going to talk to them and watch them work with their dogs. I think you'll be impressed.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum