Texas Hunting Forum

Snake vaccine

Posted By: _Lee

Snake vaccine - 04/20/15 01:40 AM

I've serched the forum and can't find any of the threads but I know I've seen them before. When do you guys get your dogs the snake vaccine? I've never done it before and was going to get it done this year, I remember reading you had to do it a little bit in advance.
Posted By: billybob

Re: Snake vaccine - 04/20/15 11:06 AM

Prior to going out in the field..they run about $20-25. Check with your vet...some say a booster is required 6-8 months later.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Snake vaccine - 04/20/15 12:16 PM

There's a thread called Snake Info on the second page of this forum.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Snake vaccine - 04/20/15 02:54 PM

Go to Red Rock Laboratories com. Read the information provided directly from the manufacturer of the product. Lots of good, actually the only good internet information so far as the product out there. For a stretch there was a lot of internet bad rap information going around.I didn't believe it. I like the idea of the vaccine.

Re: Snake vaccine - 04/21/15 12:10 AM

Looks like I'll need to do it once and then a booster a month later and need to have that one a month before season starts. So I guess end of June or first of July I'll go get it done. Wayne looks like your not doing a snake clinic in Troy this year so I'll be going to one of the other ones this year.

Re: Snake vaccine - 04/21/15 05:58 PM

_Lee You are right down the road from Legend kennels in Lexington. It is the same date as the Troy clinic and same gal, Allison, running the show. I would like to make it a big turn out at that clinic.

Re: Snake vaccine - 04/21/15 10:03 PM

When's the Lexington clinic? I don't see it on your website, I was planning on just doing the Katy one because I have family there, I could knock out two birds with one stone.

Re: Snake vaccine - 04/22/15 10:44 AM

Lexington is on the board as of yesterday. It is the August 23 slot. If you selected Katy thid weekend then come on.

I can't believe it is starting again. Thank you God for giving me the ability! See you all soon.
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Snake vaccine - 04/24/15 03:18 PM

I have been vaccinating my hounds since the vaccine hit the market. While I do not believe that it can save a dog that is hit in the chest by a "hot" snake, especially if the dog is stressed from a hard race or activity. I get a least one dog a year struck by a rattler and the vaccine seems to reduce the amount of swelling/infection.
Adios,
Gary

Re: Snake vaccine - 04/25/15 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: gary roberson
I have been vaccinating my hounds since the vaccine hit the market. While I do not believe that it can save a dog that is hit in the chest by a "hot" snake, especially if the dog is stressed from a hard race or activity. I get a least one dog a year struck by a rattler and the vaccine seems to reduce the amount of swelling/infection.
Adios,
Gary

Wow one a year!! That's nuts. I took my dog to one of Wayne's clinics last year and thankfully didn't see any snakes she's very cautious of her surroundings now it seems, I will start getting the vaccines from now on and keep taking her for these clinics and just hope she or I never get bit.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum