Texas Hunting Forum

Silver and Charcoal kennels?

Posted By: H-Town Hunter

Silver and Charcoal kennels? - 04/16/15 01:43 AM

So i saw on facebook a kennel that sells "silver" and "charcoal" AKC labs. I dont plan on buying one but i was wondering what yall thought about this? I have always thought there was Yellow, Black, and Chocolate labs and thats all. Is it even possible to have a full bred Silver or Charcoal lab? Just seems weird to me. Any thoughts?
Posted By: Dkhntr

Re: Silver and Charcoal kennels? - 04/16/15 02:15 AM

NO they registure them as chocolates to get around the bs. From what I understand it's a diluted gene that was some where introduced but akc is not recognizing any thing but yellow chocolate and black. How some one plays with the paperwork is there own problem. I'm sticking with only 3 colors.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Silver and Charcoal kennels? - 04/16/15 05:09 AM

I've never seen a charcoal lab, but I do think the silvers are pretty, regardless of their AKC status.
Posted By: Grego

Re: Silver and Charcoal kennels? - 04/20/15 05:25 PM

They register as a chocolate, the story I have been told is it is a recessive gene aka diminished chocolate.

I have a lovely wife that brought one home, yaa me!!!!!! Well after an extensive run through the training process she seems to be making a turn around the corner, thanks to a very patient and gifted trainer I am sure. My boys love her so that is their polka dotted dog to bear, hahah
Posted By: tthame1

Re: Silver and Charcoal kennels? - 04/21/15 12:01 AM

Here is a website with a lot of information on silver labs and how they came to be: http://www.notosilverlabradors.com/main.html
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum