Texas Hunting Forum

Acupuncture for dogs

Posted By: _Lee

Acupuncture for dogs - 03/27/15 12:57 AM

So she isn't our gundog but was wondering if any of yall had done this before. My wife took our cocker spaniel to get acupuncture for the first time today. She's 10 and has a bulging disc which is starting to cause her back legs to get a little wobbly. The vet recommended trying this or a chiropractor, we could try surgery but at her age and having a heart murmur my wife doesn't like that idea. Has anyone done this and had good results?
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Acupuncture for dogs - 03/27/15 01:00 AM

It's a crock.

Re: Acupuncture for dogs - 03/27/15 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
It's a crock.

I was a little worried about that, Ive tried chiropractors for myself and had no luck whatsoever and thought this could be the same. What she told me the vet said after the treatment sounded just like the nonsense the chiropractors would tell me when they provided me no relief. (Not meaning to offend anyone I've heard it works for some people)
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Acupuncture for dogs - 03/27/15 03:04 PM

Look into laser therapy. Find a vet who offers it and give it a shot. May take a little bit of effort to find a vet who offers it around you because the lasers are extremely pricey. I only know of a few up here in Dallas.

You may also look into RVI injections. I would actually probably look into them before laser therapy. Both should help immensely though.

Re: Acupuncture for dogs - 03/27/15 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Cochise
Look into laser therapy. Find a vet who offers it and give it a shot. May take a little bit of effort to find a vet who offers it around you because the lasers are extremely pricey. I only know of a few up here in Dallas.

You may also look into RVI injections. I would actually probably look into them before laser therapy. Both should help immensely though.

Found some people that do laser therapy close by, I'm gonna have to keep looking to find someone that does the RVI injections.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Acupuncture for dogs - 04/26/15 11:12 PM

I don't know about the acupuncture but had great success with a horse chiropractor. I traded a .357 for an old roping horse that had been sold to the killers in Odessa 25 years ago. I recognized the horse at a gas station trailered up with a bunch of other horses bound for the dog food. I wwas headed for a roping in Crane and traded for the horse at the gas station. Two trips to the chiropractor and I got 4 years use out of that horse. I won over $40K on him and sold him for a good chunk of change when he slowed down.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Acupuncture for dogs - 04/27/15 09:12 PM

Only with cactus.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum