Texas Hunting Forum

speciality dogs

Posted By: dwheel

speciality dogs - 02/22/15 07:08 PM

Some years back.. I saw a references to a pointer stud dog.. who's offspring were.. noted.. respected and valued.. for there ability in guide dog strings.. not field trialing or personal hunting.. but just tought as hell. take the heat and sticking. and keep on ticking.. type dogs.. forgot how he was bred.. sure there are more like him.. think they use term .. greatly predisposed.. his offspring.. for the job

Re: speciality dogs - 02/22/15 07:28 PM

The question I am asking who do you think. is a prepotent sire.. you would breed your female..to if wanted to tuffen up.. your hunting string.. cost not being a factor.. (course it damn well would be with me)
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: speciality dogs - 02/22/15 07:57 PM

I wouldn't touch them. It's a crap shoot with any breeding, but more so with meat dogs.

Re: speciality dogs - 02/22/15 08:27 PM

No was not thinking of meat dogs.. just of the tuffest.. hardest hunting.. take anything.. and wanna keep hunting type.. non soft dogs

Re: speciality dogs - 02/22/15 08:30 PM

I always termed meat dogs as just that.. they pointed something to cook.. I mean the bird finders.. that eyes and actions.. say pick me.. pick me.. day after day
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum