Texas Hunting Forum

Pup shipping question???

Posted By: o2bwest

Pup shipping question??? - 01/26/15 02:01 PM

I need to get a pup from Illinois to Texas. I am getting bids on U Ship. Does anybody have any other suggestions on finding reliable transport? I prefer ground service.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Pup shipping question??? - 01/26/15 02:31 PM

There are several companies that focus only on shipping dogs. Go to retrievertrainingforum.com and look through the post. You can also ship through air and it has been cheaper on average for me.
Posted By: kbobbjr

Re: Pup shipping question??? - 01/26/15 08:20 PM

I don't ship any dogs by air. Too many bad things can happen. I use Kati Becker with Move The Dog Transportation. You can get her contact info on Facebook.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Pup shipping question??? - 01/27/15 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: kbobbjr
I don't ship any dogs by air. Too many bad things can happen. I use Kati Becker with Move The Dog Transportation. You can get her contact info on Facebook.
What does it usually cost you to get a dog to Texas? Just a ballpark figure please.
Posted By: kbobbjr

Re: Pup shipping question??? - 01/27/15 12:46 AM

It all depends on the mileage and I don't recall what she charges per mile. I've spent $600-$700 and I've spent a couple hundred. What I like about her is it's doorstep to doorstep and she drives straight to you. I've never waited more than 2 days for a dog to arrive. The dogs stay with her in the hotel and are driven in a climate controlled vehicle. She is fully insured in the event something happens. Good luck getting reimbursed from an airline. I'll pay a little more for piece of mind. I hope that answers your question.
Posted By: ShotGunWillie

Re: Pup shipping question??? - 01/27/15 02:22 AM

I have had gun dog express pick up a couple of times from me as well
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Pup shipping question??? - 01/27/15 03:27 AM

Originally Posted By: kbobbjr
It all depends on the mileage and I don't recall what she charges per mile. I've spent $600-$700 and I've spent a couple hundred. What I like about her is it's doorstep to doorstep and she drives straight to you. I've never waited more than 2 days for a dog to arrive. The dogs stay with her in the hotel and are driven in a climate controlled vehicle. She is fully insured in the event something happens. Good luck getting reimbursed from an airline. I'll pay a little more for piece of mind. I hope that answers your question.
It does and thanks!
Posted By: Angie B

Re: Pup shipping question??? - 01/27/15 12:38 PM

Ground service is great when it works. I've been quoted ridiculously high rates or long waits because there was no back haul or my dog was the only one getting a ride.

I've used the airlines for years without any problem. Continental was great but they were bought out by United and I haven't been disappointed. Just picked up a new chessie pup last week that flew United.

Angie

Re: Pup shipping question??? - 01/27/15 01:09 PM

I'm getting bids on U-Ship. $250 seams to be the number. That seems fair to me. It's a 950 mile trip.

Re: Pup shipping question??? - 01/27/15 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Angie B
Ground service is great when it works. I've been quoted ridiculously high rates or long waits because there was no back haul or my dog was the only one getting a ride.

I've used the airlines for years without any problem. Continental was great but they were bought out by United and I haven't been disappointed. Just picked up a new chessie pup last week that flew United.

Angie

Air isn't really an option for me. The breeder and I both live a long way from major airports so door to door ground service is way more convient and cost effective.
Posted By: pervis

Re: Pup shipping question??? - 01/28/15 05:40 AM

I make the drive twice a week for work. Once from Dallas to St. Louis, then dallas to Rockford il. It may could ride w me in the truck. 250 is a deal. Yeah its along ways. St Louis from Dallas is 11hrs. Rockford is 15hrs.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum