Texas Hunting Forum

Treats?

Posted By: Dkhntr

Treats? - 02/08/13 03:24 AM

Any one know where to buy soft bulk treats for training. Like 10-20 lbs.
Posted By: Greg

Re: Treats? - 02/08/13 03:58 AM

Man oh man... Hook a brother up if you find a place. Hahaha happy3

Might try just using her food as the "treat" when she is hungry. They focus pretty hard and get fed in no time.

Re: Treats? - 02/08/13 04:04 AM

Not a bad idea and ill deff share the place if I can find one
Posted By: BAS

Re: Treats? - 02/08/13 04:59 AM

Better to use soft treats so they can eat them easier and not drop it. It's also something other than their regular food and can generate more interest.

Sam's Club has large bags of Pupperoni(spelling?, whcih can be broken into smaller bits.
Posted By: Camo Momma

Re: Treats? - 02/08/13 04:36 PM

Try Amazon. My mom's dog loves the greenie bones and she got them $5 off the cheapest price she could find.

Re: Treats? - 02/08/13 11:24 PM

Thanks all I'm on the search.
Posted By: tim_2251

Re: Treats? - 02/09/13 02:37 AM

Walmart in the hot dog section slice them up and the pup loves em.
Posted By: kindall

Re: Treats? - 02/09/13 04:21 AM

I just bake my own. puree beef liver, mix with eggs, add flour to thicken. Cover a cookie sheet with foil. Spray foil with pam cooking spray. Spread the mixture over the foil and bake at 350.
Only takes about 15-20 minutes to cook. After it cools I lift it out of the pan, but still on the foil. I use a pizza cutter to cut into treat size bites. I keep a bag of it in the fridge and freeze the rest for later use.
Posted By: Carlton Greer

Re: Treats? - 02/12/13 06:14 PM

take a hotdog and cut it into dimes.
Posted By: slow944

Re: Treats? - 02/12/13 07:15 PM

Cheese sticks are good also.
Posted By: bowbuilder1971

Re: Treats? - 02/16/13 04:09 AM

Make some home made beef jerky without the spice and half the cure. Or you can make sweet potato sticks and even wrap them with chicken. Or you can get a bag of stars (small training treats). All the ones you can make are really easy and cheap to make. Save yourself some money and it will also be better than feeding them crappy stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aGNlBSyIFo

http://www.dogtreatkitchen.com/sweet-potato-dog-chew.html

If you have a food slicer or can cut chicken breasts thin, then just dehydrate them or put them in the oven on low and break them up.

http://mymansbelly.com/2011/07/27/healthy-homemade-chicken-dog-treats/
Posted By: bowbuilder1971

Re: Treats? - 02/16/13 04:10 AM

Both of our dogs love cheese sticks. They actually look forward to going to the vets due to he gives them out lol.
Originally Posted By: slow944
Cheese sticks are good also.
Posted By: nogeese

Re: Treats? - 02/16/13 04:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Greg
Man oh man... Hook a brother up if you find a place. Hahaha happy3

Might try just using her food as the "treat" when she is hungry. They focus pretty hard and get fed in no time.

I just slip half an adderol in a piece of bacon and a three month old pup can do tripple blinds
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum