Texas Hunting Forum

LOST DOG

Posted By: RalphM

LOST DOG - 09/24/12 07:55 PM

Drahthaar {german wirehaired pointer] lost in Frisco area near Hillcrest and Lebannon . 3yr. old bitch grey/ black . collar and chip . One friend had a family emergency and another friend was picking up the dog to care for it and it escaped . One family trauma is enough . Keep an eye out . You can call me at 214-906-5892 , Thanks , Ralph
Posted By: DougH

Re: LOST DOG - 09/26/12 01:37 PM

Thanks Ralph,
Dog actually got loose in West Frisco, around Main and Teal. Here are some pictures. Dog collar has my contact information on it. Thanks for any help.

Posted By: DoubleB20

Re: LOST DOG - 09/26/12 02:20 PM

Doug, is Caroline lost? I bet you'll hear something from a good citizen soon. Prayers up!
Posted By: IronSpikeLabs

Re: LOST DOG - 09/26/12 03:20 PM

So sorry to hear that. Will keep y'all in our prayers!
Posted By: wal1809

Re: LOST DOG - 09/26/12 06:48 PM

Any word?
Posted By: Budgeteer

Re: LOST DOG - 09/26/12 09:21 PM

I live out that way and will keep my eyes open. I've been there, and it really sucks. Prayers for you, your family, and the dog.

Re: LOST DOG - 09/26/12 11:32 PM

Thanks Brian. Yes, it is Caroline. She got loose from my buddy who was getting her after we got the call about my son's car accident in Jackson, MS and headed out there Sunday night. Son is out of ICU now and waiting for some surgery - so I think we are past the worse part of that. I hope someone finds her and returns her. She is very shy of people she does not know - she may be avoiding everyone. Thanks for the prayers !

Doug
Posted By: kindall

Re: LOST DOG - 09/27/12 12:28 PM

Hope you find her.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: LOST DOG - 09/27/12 01:36 PM

Man, I was sure hoping to look on here this morning & read some good news. Prayers up for you Doug.

Re: LOST DOG - 09/27/12 07:28 PM

Caroline has been spotted in Little Elm in the Villages of Woodlake and in Wynfield Farms neighborhoods. She is very scared of people right now. If anyone lives in that area - please keep an eye out. Thanks all !

Little Elm Animal Control

Doug
Posted By: Tmec

Re: LOST DOG - 09/27/12 08:09 PM

I hope she get found and returned safely!

Re: LOST DOG - 09/27/12 11:15 PM

Continued prayers...
Posted By: Waabiishkiizii

Re: LOST DOG - 09/28/12 01:22 AM

prayers sent up! Bring that dog home!

Re: LOST DOG - 09/28/12 03:47 AM

This is maddening. Someone got a picture of her south of Main St and the Tollway in Frisco in the field south of Main Event. Animal control apparently chased her into the forest area in the other side of that field just before dark. I just spent the last 3 hours running around that field and the tree area calling her name and blowing my recall whistle. No luck so far. She has got to let someone catch her and bring her home. Hope that happens tomorrow.

Doug

Re: LOST DOG - 09/28/12 11:37 AM

Awwwwwww. Poor baby. She must be terrified! I am really praying you get her back soon!

Re: LOST DOG - 09/28/12 12:24 PM

You might want to leave food, water and a jacket or shirt that smells like you close to the tree area. BIL has lost pointers and left his jacket in the field. Came back later to find his dog laying on his jacket.

Re: LOST DOG - 09/28/12 12:47 PM

Yep, I agree with Kindall, put food & water with some clothes you have worn for a couple of hours out there where she was last seen. It really does work.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: LOST DOG - 09/28/12 04:23 PM

Prayers that you find your Dog.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: LOST DOG - 09/28/12 06:36 PM

I wish I were not 5 hours from you I would gather a search party to help you. Putting lots of eyes and boots on the ground could be helpful. I am sorry this is going on for you.

Re: LOST DOG - 09/28/12 08:38 PM

GREAT NEWS !!! CAROLINE HAS BEEN FOUND !!!

I went to the forest area during my lunch where she was last seen last night, and that I had searched around last night, and walked that area calling her name and whistling. All of a sudden, I hear a single bark. I run over to a fence, and she is in the field about 30 yards. I spend 5 minutes coaxing her to me - she was completely not trusting and would come close, then move away. I would use the recall HERE - and she would come back. Finally she figure out it was me, and through the fence I was able to get her collar and hold her.

I have gotten her home. She was thirsty and hungry, and her pads were worn down like she had been walking for 5 days - which she probably had - but other than that she looks in good shape.

Thanks for the prayers everyone !!! I cannot believe that after 5 days we have her back.

Son is in surgery now, and we hope to have him released from the hospital in Jackson this weekend. It will be a true miracle to have the entire family back together soon.

~Doug

Re: LOST DOG - 09/28/12 09:12 PM

That is great news...

Re: LOST DOG - 09/28/12 11:36 PM

Awesome!!!
Posted By: CurlyBillTucker

Re: LOST DOG - 09/29/12 12:34 AM

Great news to hear.
Posted By: RayB

Re: LOST DOG - 09/29/12 03:17 PM

I hate to sound like a wimp but we need more endings like this

Re: LOST DOG - 09/29/12 03:29 PM

WONDERFUL!
Posted By: wingshot51

Re: LOST DOG - 09/29/12 03:43 PM

Great news, you are very lucky
Posted By: Charlito

Re: LOST DOG - 09/30/12 03:33 AM

Great news. She really covered some ground...
Posted By: CoolHandGSPs

Re: LOST DOG - 09/30/12 01:57 PM

Fantastic. Went through the same thing a couple of years ago. That feeling when you see that dog again is unexplainable .
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: LOST DOG - 09/30/12 02:46 PM

That is great that you got her back. She is a lucky dog with lots of love !!

Merc
Posted By: Tmec

Re: LOST DOG - 09/30/12 06:09 PM

Congrats on finally finding her! Has she always been that shy? My DD has never met a stanger.
Posted By: quackcommander

Re: LOST DOG - 10/01/12 12:54 AM

So good to hear!
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: LOST DOG - 10/01/12 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: quackcommander
So good to hear!
Posted By: Budgeteer

Re: LOST DOG - 10/01/12 01:05 PM

Finally some good news for a change...I'm very happy for you and your family and will continue to keep them all in my prayers.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: LOST DOG - 10/01/12 05:28 PM

Good for you and her.

Re: LOST DOG - 10/04/12 02:18 AM

Not really sure why she is so shy Tmec. I got her when she was 9 months, and speculate she may not have been socialized appropriately as a puppy. I also believe it is her genetic personality as well - which is too bad - because she is a great dog except for this characteristic. Thank goodness it is not a problem while she is hunting. If you are holding a shotgun and walking in a field - she is everybody's best friend.

I wonder if there is any type of training / therapy that I can do with her to help her be more comfortable with strangers ?

~Doug
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: LOST DOG - 10/04/12 02:58 AM

Glad to hear it!!!
Posted By: Pastor Josh

Re: LOST DOG - 10/04/12 08:56 PM

So awesome. God was watching over her for sure. I needed this post today.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum