Texas Hunting Forum

Oklahoma land buying??

Posted By: rrflyer

Oklahoma land buying?? - 05/10/18 03:49 PM

Looking at purchasing some land in Oklahoma, wonderingnif theres angbgood info available about Texas resident owning land there? Looking for stuff like loan differences, taxes, etc etc.

Any help is appreciated.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Oklahoma land buying?? - 05/11/18 01:25 AM

Did this last year. No difference in loans available, I have a loan thru Ag TX. No trouble at all with that at all.
Big tax difference is all rural land in OK is considered Ag exempt, no need to run cattle or crops. You have pecan trees or hay and that is enough. I don’t know if you even “need” to claim anything but I claimed pecans and my taxes were 500/yr for 400 acres.

Any other questions about specific stuff feel free to ask.
Posted By: texashunter900

Re: Oklahoma land buying?? - 05/11/18 02:21 AM

I have made 2 purchases over the last year for a total of 70 acres. Mine is in Hughes County and I could not believe how cheap the land is compared to Texas.
Posted By: kshorthairs

Re: Oklahoma land buying?? - 05/12/18 09:25 PM

Call me anytime. We will get your questions answered... I look forward to learning what you are looking for...
Posted By: bwht

Re: Oklahoma land buying?? - 05/31/18 11:12 PM

One of the best things I have ever done. We really enjoy our property up there. As mentioned above very cheap taxes and lots of deer. We went through Heritage Land Bank and they were fantastic!
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: Oklahoma land buying?? - 06/01/18 02:02 AM

I purchased a small lot a few years back, paid cash.. but, borrowed to build a cabin through a local bank up there. Easiest processes I’ve ever gone through and I’ve bought a lot of houses over he years, and been in the mortgage business for 14 years. Things move at a slower pace, but not near the hoops you usually jump through.
Taxes are dirt cheap compared to where I live.
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Oklahoma land buying?? - 06/02/18 09:07 PM

I pay about $200 taxes for 400 acres. Be careful where you buy, the locals that have hunted the land for free for several generations are sometimes a pain to deal with. You do not need any tax exemption or do any paper work to get the cheap taxes. Other than the few that feel they own all of Oklahoma, the people are very nice and helpful.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum