Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for a "group" to lease with

Posted By: Oboe

Looking for a "group" to lease with - 03/04/18 10:49 PM

Hey y'all,

Moved to Texas for work a couple of years ago and have done some hunting out of state since moving here, but I grew up hunting with family so I miss it. I am located in Collin county, but am willing to travel to pretty much anywhere in the state. Unfortunately, working from home I don't meet too many people, let alone outdoorsmen. Starting to become a bit discouraged in my searching, so any help would be appreciated.

God bless.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Looking for a "group" to lease with - 03/04/18 11:02 PM

try leasehunter.com - check every day - openings come up often - good luck
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Looking for a "group" to lease with - 03/05/18 06:06 AM

Try there. Outside of that you have to meet folks to get on a lease. It is what it is. Got my contact from work 13 years ago. Didn't get the invite until 9. We all work from home now so it is 100% word of mouth and friends. I have friends who have been looking for years but unless they can put in the work and contribute, they will be a guest only. Plenty get posted on here as well but cost a bit more. If your budget is high, call the big ranches that lease. Check chamber of commerce sites. We acquired a few that way as day leases (25k and bigger acres) for pigs and preds. You can meet the hunting managers and work your way into a deer press. I have enough contacts that if I get off my lease I got plenty of back ups. They cost more and are further but I can still hunt. And much bigger deer.
Posted By: STEW

Re: Looking for a "group" to lease with - 03/05/18 07:17 PM

I was in the same boat as you. If I hear of anything. I will pass it along to you.

Re: Looking for a "group" to lease with - 03/05/18 07:31 PM

I appreciate it fellas, working from home limits how many people I actually know here unfortunately. But I will just keep chugging along and hoping I suppose.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Looking for a "group" to lease with - 03/05/18 10:51 PM

Sent you a PM

Re: Looking for a "group" to lease with - 03/06/18 07:23 PM

appreciate it bud, i'll look into that area. Did you enjoy your experience with them overall?
Posted By: Odin

Re: Looking for a "group" to lease with - 03/25/18 07:27 PM

@Oboe, anywhere near Murphy, TX?

Re: Looking for a "group" to lease with - 03/25/18 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: tlk
try leasehunter.com - check every day - openings come up often - good luck

I've been searching for the spot on the forum to ask this, then you mentioned leasehunter.com Is BaseCampLeasing.com a legit source too? I already paid for medium level access, so researching if it's legit is prolly the next step LOL. Thanks.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Looking for a "group" to lease with - 04/01/18 10:36 PM

Look on TBH. 14,000 acres in Sonora

Re: Looking for a "group" to lease with - 04/15/18 10:02 PM

My group ended up finding a lease through BasecampLeasing.com So far, so good. Spent about $200 to get the elite level access. Not sure if that was necessary.
Posted By: ELKMTB

Re: Looking for a "group" to lease with - 05/10/18 01:30 PM

sent you a pm
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum