Texas Hunting Forum

Webb County Lease

Posted By: 2Gemsranch

Webb County Lease - 01/27/18 04:35 AM

7500 acres Webb County. Located between Freer and Encinal on Callaghan ranch road. Low fence. Very little oilfield. No easments. 10 hunters total. Blinds, feeders, lodging included. 15 protein pens, 10 cottonseed stations. Price includes protein, cottonseed, corn, camp fees, shredding and roadwork. Best deer this year was 175 10pt. 3 openings. 14750 each. Long term lease. If interested, contact Jim. 3615508563
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Webb County Lease - 01/30/18 12:55 AM

Seems pricey to me.

4. If you feel an item is priced too high, do not comment about it. If it is too high, chances are it won't sell and will be lowered or removed. We enforce this rule to avoid arguments. If you feel an item is priced too high, PM or post the seller an offer. If you have no interest in an item, there is no need to make negative comments.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Webb County Lease - 01/30/18 02:52 AM

That’s the going rate on a nice managed place down south, and it usually averages 500 acres or more per gun
Posted By: Russ79

Re: Webb County Lease - 01/30/18 03:19 PM

I am sure there are plenty of folks with serious FU money, but I would have a hard time justifying not only to my wife but to myself as well spending nearly 1/4 of my annual salary on a deer lease.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Webb County Lease - 01/30/18 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Wilhunt
Seems pricey to me.

4. If you feel an item is priced too high, do not comment about it. If it is too high, chances are it won't sell and will be lowered or removed. We enforce this rule to avoid arguments. If you feel an item is priced too high, PM or post the seller an offer. If you have no interest in an item, there is no need to make negative comments.
Posted By: kyle1974

Re: Webb County Lease - 02/02/18 03:26 AM

including protein and lodging, that's cheaper than the lease I'm looking at right now on a Callahan pasture.

people need to stop looking at $$ per hunter, and look at $$ per acre.
Posted By: ijohnston

Re: Webb County Lease - 01/21/19 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by kyle1974
including protein and lodging, that's cheaper than the lease I'm looking at right now on a Callahan pasture.

people need to stop looking at $$ per hunter, and look at $$ per acre.

I just got back from the Callaghan. Which pasture are you looking at? It sure is nice out there.
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: Webb County Lease - 01/24/19 01:29 AM

This is the going rate for a top notch South Texas ranch im sure he wont have a problem leasing it, thats why i hunt across the border in Mexico.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Webb County Lease - 01/24/19 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Originally Posted by Wilhunt
Seems pricey to me.

Posted By: fredgus

Re: Webb County Lease - 01/24/19 08:51 PM

Daddy hunted the calighan came home and said he had to give it up it was going to 400.00 a gun the next year, My old boss stayed till it went to 4000.00 a gun killed some great deer by the way, here I am paying 13 per acre 1000 acres per man plus, corn, feed, cottonseed,camper, tractor work. Didn't even shoot a deer, had a great time though and saw some nice low fence deer. Those prices are just telling how old I am
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Webb County Lease - 01/24/19 09:28 PM

My grandfather hunted the Callaghan way back when, was good friends with Trav Roberts.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum