Texas Hunting Forum

Leasehunter.com question

Posted By: al_mart9903

Leasehunter.com question - 01/04/18 08:50 PM

I am in the same boat as a lot of other folks. I am looking for a long term lease for 2018 and beyond. I was considering using Leasehunter.com as a place to look for a lease.

Has anyone ever used Leasehunter? Has anyone had any success or bad experiences? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Leasehunter.com question - 01/05/18 12:03 AM

do you have a general location you want to hunt? might also try the various area chamber of commerce websites or give them a call. I haven't used Leasehunter to get on a lease but look thru it pretty hard 5 or so years ago but most were old outdated ads it seemed, or ridiculous prices for what was offered in my opinion.
Posted By: JDP Ranch

Re: Leasehunter.com question - 01/05/18 12:11 AM

I found one of my best deer leases on there. Not the biggest, but was 300 acres in Throckmorton for $2k per year and I was the only person. No other hunters nearby either. It had big deer, it was next to a reservoir so great duck hunting, had lots of dove, tons of coyotes, and a healthy amount of hogs. I was pretty much guaranteed to harvest something every time I went. Unfortunately, the rancher bid for the lease in an auction every year and then sub-leased it to me. After the third year... he lost it. I had no idea that's how he had it and had to rush out there one weekend to pick up my feeders before the next person acquired it. Make sure to check who owns the property.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Leasehunter.com question - 01/05/18 02:29 AM

Found my lease on there. Only took two days. My advice is look several times a day and be ready to look and pay immediately
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum