Texas Hunting Forum

Land in Blanco County

Posted By: hellf7

Land in Blanco County - 10/08/17 08:29 PM

I’m thinking of buying some land in Blanco County-just east of Blanco. Has anybody had a lease in that area? Seems like a lot of that property is high fenced.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Land in Blanco County - 10/09/17 02:30 AM

Lots of deer. Quite a few exotics too. Land is fairly pricey.
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Land in Blanco County - 10/09/17 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid
Lots of deer. Quite a few exotics too. Land is fairly pricey.

Good summary. Depending on where it is they can be lots of pressure, and lots of smaller properties. Can be a challenge to get any age on bucks, but of course a few slip through. Beautiful country to hunt.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Land in Blanco County - 10/11/17 02:40 AM

I'm very familiar with that area.

Lots of smaller deer with some decent bucks if they can get age. Some exotics depending on where you are at

West of blanco is better country for bigger deer and more exotics

Posted By: PBGSO

Re: Land in Blanco County - 10/11/17 05:54 PM

We have a place that splits Blanco Gillespie on the west side. We have always had good whitetail and in the last 10 years lots of axis but very pricey to buy. I grew up in Blanco and used to lease quite a bit of country there. I gave it all up about 10+ years ago. I have family with property east of town and eastern part of the county. They sold most and went west to give you an idea. The genetics are there as stated above the age is the problem hard to get age on deer even with our larger place in western part of the county we have one of the larger tracts in the area. The price of the land astronomical!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum