Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for land to squirrel hunt near DFW/Johnson County

Posted By: EAW

Looking for land to squirrel hunt near DFW/Johnson County - 09/25/17 09:02 PM

Hi. I am a new member here. I am looking for some land that myself and my 9 year old son can squirrel hunt on. This is the first year hunting for both of us. We live in Johnson County just south of Fort Worth. If anyone has or knows of someone who has some land for us to hunt on please let me know. Thank you
Posted By: soonerdg

Re: Looking for land to squirrel hunt near DFW/Johnson County - 10/05/17 06:40 PM

You might look into the Corps of Engineers land around Lake Whitney and Aquilla. It's in Bosque, not Johnson county but it's not too far. You'll need to get a permit from the USACOE office at lake Whitney.
Posted By: JDavis7873

Re: Looking for land to squirrel hunt near DFW/Johnson County - 10/12/17 09:39 PM

LBJ Grasslands
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Looking for land to squirrel hunt near DFW/Johnson County - 10/13/17 05:14 AM

I know of a high fence squirrel lease.
Posted By: EAW

Re: Looking for land to squirrel hunt near DFW/Johnson County - 10/14/17 05:37 PM

I sent you a PM. I'm interested if you can let me know the details. Thank you
Posted By: chalet

Re: Looking for land to squirrel hunt near DFW/Johnson County - 10/16/17 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius
I know of a high fence squirrel lease.

You might shoot a squirrel with the biggest set of nads behind a high fence, but it is not real squirrel huntin.

Edit. I used to shoot a lot of squirrels on LBJ grasslands, haven't been there in years though. Place was usually jammed the opening couple weekends of deer season, other than that was a nice place to hunt.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum