Texas Hunting Forum

Need recommendations for season dove lease around the Houston area

Posted By: spacemanzero

Need recommendations for season dove lease around the Houston area - 09/12/17 06:05 PM

I live in Pasadena and looking for a season dove lease (not too expensive) to leisurely go and dove hunt throughout the season. I would prefer if the drive wasn't more than an hour but I will take any recommendations you have.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Need recommendations for season dove lease around the Houston area - 09/12/17 08:35 PM

have you checked into the TPWD dove areas? I know there is one outside of Carmine (between Brenham and Giddings)...
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Need recommendations for season dove lease around the Houston area - 09/13/17 12:55 PM

I leased in Katy last year. Saw 2 doves the 4 times out. The public land in Waller was more productive.
Posted By: spacemanzero

Re: Need recommendations for season dove lease around the Houston area - 09/13/17 01:16 PM

I have always heard that the public lands were over crowded and unproductive so I have never gone that route. Is this not the case?
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Need recommendations for season dove lease around the Houston area - 09/13/17 01:19 PM

Depends on the lands you go to. I hunt public land for dove only and there are some nice places. Sending a PM.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum