Texas Hunting Forum

Baylor Co Lease Available - 1,400 acres

Posted By: LarryCopper

Baylor Co Lease Available - 1,400 acres - 06/16/17 03:57 PM

My brother and I have been looking for a while and by word of mouth found this place. We were all set, but another 500 acre property came up and we are going go take it so we can hunt just the two of us. We are not agents, we are not making any money off this deal. We just want to do right by the land owner and get spots filled for him, he's a really good guy and you'll deal with him directly. I'd prefer one group of hunters so the land owner doesn't have to show the place over and over.

- 1,400 acres 2 hours from Ft Worth, 5 miles south of Seymour with good roads. Two sections of land, 2 miles north/south and 1 mile east/west.
- $15,000 total for up to 5 guns with year round access.
- 7-8 blinds and feeders in place that are part of the lease.
- City water and at least 3 50/35 amp outlets at camp. Camp is also fenced off around the old uninhabited homestead.
- Land owner has a large barn that you will be able to use to store gear (ATVs, whatever) right by camp.
- About a mile from the Brazos, has 8-10 ponds on it.

From the land owner and what we saw about a month ago...
- Lots of quail, we could hear them all around us even at mid-day. He had 3 guys out from South Carolina last year and they took limits two straight days while covering less than half the property.
- About half the place will be in winter wheat. Land owner routinely counts 70+ deer in the fields.
- Land owner says there are *some* turkey, but when we went to see it we kicked up 2 groups of 20+ birds.
- The larger ponds hold ducks. I've hunted the area and don't think that is an exaggeration.
- Lots of hogs and predators of course.
- He mentioned that doves can be good at times, but since the drought he hasn't see *a lot* of them.
- No real restrictions in place, but of course he doesn't want 10 "trophy" bucks taken each season. Each gun would be allowed a mature buck and a cull with as many doe as you can legally take. He wants a lot of doe removed.
- Family can hunt off your tags.

Since this is a direct to land owner deal there is no lease drawn up yet. It will run June 1 to May 31. There were 3 guys on it for the last few years. Only one of them ever hunted it last season and that was only 3 or 4 times so they are letting it go. He does have a preexisting deal with the guys from South Carolina. They will be coming back out to quail hunt for a couple of days after spike/antlerless season at some point. We planned on hunting before and/or after them.

I have Google Mapped the place and will share that with serious inquiries. I also have a pic of a big 9 pt taken last season if I can figure out how to get it off my phone texts.
Posted By: Red Bone 936

Re: Baylor Co Lease Available - 1,400 acres - 06/16/17 06:09 PM

I know you want a group,but if group needs one guy P.M. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Baylor Co Lease Available - 1,400 acres - 06/16/17 06:46 PM

^^^Same here^^^

Re: Baylor Co Lease Available - 1,400 acres - 06/17/17 12:52 AM

Well bet me and ndhunter will see it on the same day cash in hand.

Re: Baylor Co Lease Available - 1,400 acres - 06/17/17 01:25 AM

That would work. As long as everyone is on the same page regarding management etc. Again I'm just trying to make this less of a pain for the land owner.

Re: Baylor Co Lease Available - 1,400 acres - 06/17/17 02:14 AM

If there r rules I will go by them to the tee.
Posted By: Flippinstick

Re: Baylor Co Lease Available - 1,400 acres - 06/17/17 11:38 AM

Pm sent
Posted By: 203 CHAMP

Re: Baylor Co Lease Available - 1,400 acres - 06/17/17 04:30 PM

Who is the Land owner?

Re: Baylor Co Lease Available - 1,400 acres - 06/17/17 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: ranger 521
Who is the Land owner?

If you want to set up a time to see it I'll PM you that info. I don't want to post it up on a forum for several reasons.
Posted By: muleymaddness

Re: Baylor Co Lease Available - 1,400 acres - 06/19/17 04:30 PM

Sending PM.

LEASED - 06/19/17 11:57 PM

It has been leased. If something happens and it is not paid in full this weekend I'll post back up...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum