Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for an affordable lease in hill country or east Texas

Posted By: SenderoSniper32

Looking for an affordable lease in hill country or east Texas - 01/11/17 05:44 AM

I am in search of a year round lease in the hill country, preferably with Axis deer, $2000 or less per gun or an east Texas lease under $1000 per gun. I am not interested in hunting clubs or seasonal leases. Cabin with running water and electricity is highly desired. Please PM me if you have or know of any available leases that fit the above criteria. Thanks and God Bless.
Posted By: wtr

Re: Looking for an affordable lease in hill country or east Texas - 01/12/17 03:34 AM

Good luck with that.
Posted By: Russ79

Re: Looking for an affordable lease in hill country or east Texas - 01/12/17 03:22 PM

That is what I was going to say. "Affordable lease" and "hill country" are almost mutually exclusive.
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Looking for an affordable lease in hill country or east Texas - 01/13/17 01:51 PM

Honestly, if someone says they'll lease you a place in the hill country with a cabin, electricity, water, and axis deer for $2000, they're likely lying to you or are going to take your money and run.

Or they're leasing the same place to like 5 different groups and not telling you.

You might be able to find something in the timber leases of E Texas in your budget.
Posted By: sar67

Re: Looking for an affordable lease in hill country or east Texas - 01/13/17 06:31 PM

"Ye have not because ye ask not."

He's just asking. Gotta start somewhere.

Speaking of asking, anybody know of any openings in central Texas? Gatesville, Goldthwaite, Evant, Meridian, Fairfield, etc.?
Posted By: jsplinter

Re: Looking for an affordable lease in hill country or east Texas - 01/14/17 11:55 PM

My brother in law just got on one in San Saba that is 3000 acres for $3500. Has two cabins with full showers electricity, full set- up. Has year round access for hunting and recreation and all corn, protein, and blinds in place. They are out there just gotta look and be patient
Posted By: rattler03

Re: Looking for an affordable lease in hill country or east Texas - 01/16/17 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: jsplinter
My brother in law just got on one in San Saba that is 3000 acres for $3500. Has two cabins with full showers electricity, full set- up. Has year round access for hunting and recreation and all corn, protein, and blinds in place. They are out there just gotta look and be patient

sounds like a good deal, but almost twice as much as the $2000 that the OP has mentioned.
Posted By: nate33

Re: Looking for an affordable lease in hill country or east Texas - 01/19/17 05:23 PM

$3500 for 3000 acres ------------- that is a GREAT DEAL !!!!!!!!!! IF he is the only one on it,,,if there are 29 other hunters-- not very good.
Posted By: don k

Re: Looking for an affordable lease in hill country or east Texas - 01/19/17 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: nate33
$3500 for 3000 acres ------------- that is a GREAT DEAL !!!!!!!!!! IF he is the only one on it,,,if there are 29 other hunters-- not very good.
Nobody in their right mind is going to lease 3000 acres for $3500 if only one person is on it.
Posted By: el_cazador713

Re: Looking for an affordable lease in hill country or east Texas - 01/19/17 09:18 PM

roflmao
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum