Texas Hunting Forum

Looking to buy land (hunting)

Posted By: bpuck

Looking to buy land (hunting) - 11/11/16 02:06 PM

First time post here but we live in Houston Tx. I am looking to purchase our first piece of property land for our family to hunt, get away, and enjoy. Figured I would post something here to start looking. I am looking on Lands of Texas, but wanted to check if anyone knows from word of mouth something else.

Looking for around 300-500 acres within 3.5 hours driving distance from Houston.

Thanks
Posted By: kshorthairs

Re: Looking to buy land (hunting) - 11/12/16 02:17 AM

Give me a shout. I would enjoy talking to you.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Looking to buy land (hunting) - 11/12/16 12:23 PM

Welcome to the forum. Personally I would look west. Get into exotic country if possible, it will allow for year round hunting of more than just hogs and also gives you and the family a chance to see much more wildlife. Ill check with some of the land owners I know.
Posted By: bpuck

Re: Looking to buy land (hunting) - 11/14/16 06:12 PM

When you say west? How far west?
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Looking to buy land (hunting) - 11/14/16 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By: bpuck
When you say west? How far west?

I don't know how much further west they get, but there are Axis, blackbuck, etc. around Blanco. That's within 3.5 hours.

300-500 acres is going to be quite steep though.

If you're a cash buyer, I have a place I'm selling 45 minutes from Houston that's covered up in deer and hogs for dirt cheap. Lots of stuff wrong with it (flood plain, access, etc), but it's great hunting and fishing.
Posted By: AvianQuest

Re: Looking to buy land (hunting) - 11/17/16 02:50 AM

Like rickym said, west is a good direction and you can add turkeys to the list of game available.

But if you want to look north, check out Leon County which is located halfway between the big population centers of Houston and Dallas/Ft. Worth. Land prices rise steadily as you go north or south of Leon County.

Although land values are on the rise in Leon County, it offers some of the best best land deals in East Texas, be it ranch land, residential, or hunting property, or as a great investment.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff117/AvianQuest/Leon%20County/TexasCounties-Leon.jpg
Posted By: lamasco1

Re: Looking to buy land (hunting) - 11/17/16 10:33 PM

i have a piece of property forsale in fannin county if ur still interested,,105 acres super close to the new lower boisdarc resivoir there building great hunting>> 903-583-0625 if u want to call or text
Posted By: cos

Re: Looking to buy land (hunting) - 11/19/16 03:20 AM

PM sent on Anderson Co Brushy Creek area. 306 acres and 646 acres. Also 105 acres in Cherokee C0.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum