Texas Hunting Forum

Grayson County Lease Pricing Question

Posted By: UTMallard

Grayson County Lease Pricing Question - 10/11/16 03:25 PM

A close family friend is considering leasing their property in Grayson County (2-3 miles from Hagerman) and asked for my help. The property is 120 acres, heavily wooded, with several ponds and a large creek running through the property. This property has never been hunted. I hunt a property nearby and a friend hunts another neighboring property and there are very large deer in the area.

Any idea of what a fair asking price is for a property like this? Lease would likely be an October-January lease with a legitimate chance of harvesting a true trophy. Any advice on appropriate pricing would be appreciated. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Grayson County Lease Pricing Question - 10/11/16 10:22 PM

Is Grayson bow only?

I dont know value, but i know what i, an average hunter, would pay. I woupd probably pay 1200, you may be able to get two guys who know each other. So 2500, if no camping set up.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Grayson County Lease Pricing Question - 10/12/16 04:20 PM

$2,500 is $20 per acre and that seems to be at the high end to me for the area, but not if there are truely possible trophy bucks in the area. I two would look for no more than two hunters paying about $1,250 each.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Grayson County Lease Pricing Question - 10/12/16 05:31 PM

Since acreage in the county goes for $3,500 - $6,000 per acre, I would have to say that $5,000-$7,500 for a lease that size would not be entirely out of the question, limit of two bows..
Posted By: triggerbowtx

Re: Grayson County Lease Pricing Question - 10/12/16 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: DQ Kid
Since acreage in the county goes for $3,500 - $6,000 per acre, I would have to say that $5,000-$7,500 for a lease that size would not be entirely out of the question, limit of two bows..

umm, Certainly not out of the question to ask it but you aren't going to have any takers. $7500 is $62/acre. That's insanity. I don't care how big the bucks are...
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Grayson County Lease Pricing Question - 10/12/16 06:39 PM

I think since its only for a few months, will hurt. Most prefer year round for hog, predator, or just a getaway.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Grayson County Lease Pricing Question - 10/12/16 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
$2,500 is $20 per acre and that seems to be at the high end to me for the area, but not if there are truely possible trophy bucks in the area. I two would look for no more than two hunters paying about $1,250 each.
This sounds reasonable. People complain about, "that's too much per acre". No two properties are identical. This is a big buck area. Hard to find comparable properties. I own 3 small places down in Real CTY., lots of exotics to hunt year-round. One 12 acre place I can get $80 an acre, all day long.
Posted By: txbobcat

Re: Grayson County Lease Pricing Question - 10/12/16 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid
Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
This sounds reasonable. People complain about, "that's too much per acre". No two properties are identical. This is a big buck area. Hard to find comparable properties. I own 3 small places down in Real CTY., lots of exotics to hunt year-round. One 12 acre place I can get $80 an acre, all day long.

12 acre lease ????????????
Posted By: Westtexan1

Re: Grayson County Lease Pricing Question - 10/12/16 08:07 PM

I hunt a place about 3 miles from Hagerman that is thick and has a creek that connects to Hagerman. There are some really nice deer but you may sit 1/2 dozen hunts without seeing anything. I see hogs more frequently. I have hunted the place 4 years and have only taken one deer. Was hunting a 170" or so that I got it on my trail cam but never saw it again and disappeared. I get to hunt for free but I would not pay more then $10 an acre in the area because although you might be able to kill a big deer it is mostly pretty boring but is convenient to the Metromess.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Grayson County Lease Pricing Question - 10/12/16 08:15 PM

12 acre lease?... Taxes have to be paid. It backs up to a 12,000 acre low fenced place on the west prong of the frio river. You wouldn't believe the number of calls I got from guys wanting to lease it. Solid timber up on a mountain top. Awesome place
Posted By: majekman

Re: Grayson County Lease Pricing Question - 10/13/16 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid
12 acre lease?... Taxes have to be paid. It backs up to a 12,000 acre low fenced place on the west prong of the frio river. You wouldn't believe the number of calls I got from guys wanting to lease it. Solid timber up on a mountain top. Awesome place

Yep....location, location. I know 2 guys that pay 3500 ea for 82ac that's sandwiched between two large highly managed LF ranches in the golden triangle. They've killed some monsters and let 150 class deer walk all the time.
Posted By: UTMallard

Re: Grayson County Lease Pricing Question - 10/13/16 02:38 PM

Thanks for the info, guys. I will respond to all PM's when we have a better idea of price.
Posted By: Grayson

Re: Grayson County Lease Pricing Question - 10/14/16 06:51 PM

I'm in for a PM with info.
Posted By: texashunter900

Re: Grayson County Lease Pricing Question - 10/14/16 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Grayson

Hey don't be moving in on my territory!!

Mikeb
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Grayson County Lease Pricing Question - 10/15/16 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Grayson

X2 I am just up the road near tanglewood and this has piqued my interest.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum