Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for land to rent by the day

Posted By: DaveEwing

Looking for land to rent by the day - 09/11/16 06:41 AM

Hey everybody. I didn't ever get to fulfill my dream yet of shooting a big ole Texas hog. We have 3 guys looking to come to Texas and hunt some hogs. We have tried public hunting with no success due to the flooding the yr we came. Few yrs after that we booked a hunt with a gentleman who runs dogs.... We were not a fan of that. We want the good ole fashion hunt. We don't care if they are over feeders or sit, spot/stalk. We just need to make this happen. Looking for a very affordable hunt. We can camp if we need to so don't need lodging or meals just looking to get access or pay a fee to be granted permission to hunt somewhere where there is great opportunities. We would even book a hunt with an outfitter if it was very reasonable. We could even do a drop camp with an outfitter. Please and thank you in advance for any information. We are 3 Iowa hunters who are very respectful and responsible people.
Posted By: tc/encore

Re: Looking for land to rent by the day - 09/11/16 02:35 PM

Do you have any land or hunting opportunities in Iowa that you could swap for a hog hunt?
Posted By: DaveEwing

Re: Looking for land to rent by the day - 09/11/16 04:16 PM

I used to but all the private ground I hunted on has been sold in the last 5 yrs. I do know some awesome public hunting locations if you are interested in that. That's where I hunt now.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum