Texas Hunting Forum

Mule Deer and Whitetail Lease- 4 Spots- Turkey, TX

Posted By: Ben14.02

Mule Deer and Whitetail Lease- 4 Spots- Turkey, TX - 08/30/16 06:51 PM

New to the Forum, but have been a part of the TFF for a little while. Thanks for taking a look!

The lease is 980 acres in Turkey,Tx. Lease will run during the Mule Deer season starting with a week before and a week after startng November 11- December 11. Cost is $2000/gun. No guests, 8 points or better, and has corn fed year around. There is a basic bunkhouse, 8 stands and feeders. You will be the only group on the lease. Also includes all of the hogs and coyotes you can shoot. Any questions, ask away, or shoot me a PM.
Posted By: Westtexan1

Re: Mule Deer and Whitetail Lease- 4 Spots- Turkey, TX - 08/30/16 08:35 PM

So its only a one month lease?

Re: Mule Deer and Whitetail Lease- 4 Spots- Turkey, TX - 08/30/16 09:05 PM

That is correct. Thanks for the question.
Posted By: Brother Phil

Re: Mule Deer and Whitetail Lease- 4 Spots- Turkey, TX - 08/31/16 05:06 AM

I realize a landowner can charge what he/she wants for hunting rights. I also am very aware that this is a sellers market. However, this is one of the most expensive leases I have ever seen posted on this forum.
Posted By: decook

Re: Mule Deer and Whitetail Lease- 4 Spots- Turkey, TX - 08/31/16 10:00 AM

Could be. That was my first thought too, but it could also be a bargain. Go take a look at day hunts where you pay over 2 grand (or more) for a weekend hunt. If there are trophy deer on this lease you can hunt with a group of your friends or family for both mulies and whitetails.

The OP should follow up this lease advert with some pics. That'll tell the story.
Posted By: bp3

Re: Mule Deer and Whitetail Lease- 4 Spots- Turkey, TX - 08/31/16 01:21 PM

Not enough acres in my opinion to hold mule deer rifle
Posted By: PMK

Re: Mule Deer and Whitetail Lease- 4 Spots- Turkey, TX - 08/31/16 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Ben14.02
New to the Forum, but have been a part of the TFF for a little while. Thanks for taking a look!

The lease is 980 acres in Turkey,Tx. Lease will run during the Mule Deer season starting with a week before and a week after startng November 11- December 11. Cost is $2000/gun. No guests, 8 points or better, and has corn fed year around. There is a basic bunkhouse, 8 stands and feeders. You will be the only group on the lease. Also includes all of the hogs and coyotes you can shoot. Any questions, ask away, or shoot me a PM.

how many total hunters will be allowed in said group? any recent game cam pictures or pictures of game taken last year?
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Mule Deer and Whitetail Lease- 4 Spots- Turkey, TX - 08/31/16 02:24 PM

Total number of hunters on the place, and photos of mule deer from this year or ones killed last year please.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Mule Deer and Whitetail Lease- 4 Spots- Turkey, TX - 08/31/16 03:35 PM

In a way, it could be really reasonable if you can hunt that month. No setting up blinds or feeders. No trips to fill feeders. Mule deer and whitetail both on the place. No time/money spent going to and coming from to fill feeders. No housing costs. All you have to do is hunt. Now to see if it is a good deal, you have to see deer killed in the past and what hunter/deer killed ratio was last year. If you can hunt a month it might be a great deal. All you have to do is show up and hunt. It just depends.
Posted By: Brother Phil

Re: Mule Deer and Whitetail Lease- 4 Spots- Turkey, TX - 08/31/16 07:36 PM

Ben, lets say a hunter has the time to hunt for a full month, and does not care about a annual lease. You make a great point in the above post regarding the importance of what happened last season. As already requested, please show us the pictures, and provide some basic data of what took place last year. You could really top it off by providing a reference(s).

Re: Mule Deer and Whitetail Lease- 4 Spots- Turkey, TX - 09/02/16 03:17 PM

Sorry it has taken a while to get back. Has been a busy couple of days for me. Anyone that would like some pictures, please PM me your phone number, or an email address, and I will get them headed your way.

I appreciate those that have chimed in about the cost to maintain a lease. There is a lot invested in 8 blinds and feeders, and the corn to keep them going. The intent of the lease is to have it set up for those that don't have the time to run to the lease every weekend to check thing out, and fix stuff, so this will not be for everyone. I personally enjoy that aspect, so spend as much time doing it as I can, and there will be a group that gets to reap the benefits of that.

A little more about the lease. It has three locations with water on it, and some pretty cool setups. The bunkhouse has freezer, microwave, indoor/outdoor table and chairs, grill, fire pit, and cleaning rack. All in all, I think someone will get a great deal on a lease. Lots of interest through PM's, so move quick if this is a fit for you. I appreciate all of the interest!

Thanks,
Ben
Posted By: CGB

Re: Mule Deer and Whitetail Lease- 4 Spots- Turkey, TX - 09/02/16 08:57 PM

How many total guns?

Re: Mule Deer and Whitetail Lease- 4 Spots- Turkey, TX - 09/02/16 08:59 PM

4 guns.
Posted By: CGB

Re: Mule Deer and Whitetail Lease- 4 Spots- Turkey, TX - 09/02/16 09:34 PM

Lol. Sorry I just noticed it in your post title.

Re: Mule Deer and Whitetail Lease- 4 Spots- Turkey, TX - 09/10/16 06:24 PM

This one has been leased. Thanks for the interest.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum