Texas Hunting Forum

lease question

Posted By: BryanK

lease question - 08/25/16 10:45 PM

Has anyone ever heard of a lease rule where anyone can hunt out of any open blind on the lease? There multiple hunters on this lease and its 1500+ acres. Says the hunter(s) are supposed to call the blind owner 1st before using it? Thoughts?
Posted By: Big_Ag

Re: lease question - 08/25/16 11:02 PM

Fairly common. I've hunted where hunters hunted only there assigned blind and where all blinds were open to all hunters. I preferred having all open over only being able to hunt a single blind primarily due to the change of scenery.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: lease question - 08/25/16 11:12 PM

Different strokes. That works if everyone puts into maintaining land. If a few don't and just hunt off others it gets annoying.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: lease question - 08/26/16 05:51 AM

We hunt any blind on our place. Normally if you did the most work you get first dibs but they are all open otherwise. No one owns any blind on ours. We all pitch in. I can't imagine being locked into one area the way we are set up. I will sit in 6 of our 8 throughout the season normally. If you put up a new blind and feeder you should grt first choice though but if you don't hunt it then someone else can.
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: lease question - 08/26/16 01:45 PM

That's the only way to do it IMO. How we do it is everyone has first dibs to their blind. Usually everyone wants to hunt their own stand opening weekend but after that it's usually a free for all. Then it's just a matter of everyone figuring out where they want to go. If you're not there your blind is open for everyone.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: lease question - 08/26/16 05:20 PM

The only leases I've been on with more than just myself were each with a single person other person (and the same person each time). We had, at a minimum, three blind/feeder setups on each so each of us always got to pick. We alternated who picked first every time we were both there.

If there's one more setup than people then even the last man gets a choice.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: lease question - 08/26/16 06:37 PM

Owner of the blind always has his blind. Others can hunt the blind with owner permission. Size of the lease could change this.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: lease question - 08/26/16 07:25 PM

I prefer the open blind policy. I thoroughly enjoy seeing someone else shoot a good deer out of "my" blind.
Posted By: txbobcat

Re: lease question - 08/26/16 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Texan Til I Die
I prefer the open blind policy. I thoroughly enjoy seeing someone else shoot a good deer out of "my" blind.

LOL
Posted By: txbobcat

Re: lease question - 08/26/16 11:34 PM

We all have our own blind and feeder set up along with 5 "community" blinds that anyone can use.
Posted By: BryanK

Re: lease question - 08/27/16 03:15 PM

Thanks everyone for the great feedback. Guess I'm going to give it try and hopefully it will be a good experience/hunt.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum