Texas Hunting Forum

SW Atoka County Deer Lease

Posted By: Clutch

SW Atoka County Deer Lease - 07/27/16 10:51 PM

Trophy-minded responsible hunters needed!! I have 1400 acres of prime, secluded Whitetail real-estate in SW Atoka county Oklahoma near Coleman. The year around lease is approx. 1:20 hrs North of McKinney, TX. The property has had VERY little hunting pressure for several years now. 3 years ago a 200"+ was killed a mile away. Last year we harvested a 176" and 163" gross deer from the property. I have also glassed several 160+ deer on the property from my truck. The property has clear defined fence lines, good access, ponds, creeks, oak flats, terrain changes and clearings. I can lease the whole property out or break it down into parcels. The property will lease for approx, $12-13 an acre. Cost will cover water & electric at deer camp for those who have campers. I will only put a max number of 7 hunters on the property, so that everyone can hunt & manage to help keep intrusion and pressure low. Last year, we had a group of 6 Oil guys who leased the whole thing and divided the land as they saw fit. Unfortunately, many of the lessees lost their jobs with oil downturn, and they had let the whole lease go. We are looking to for long term lease partners.

The property is a working cattle ranch, but with very little cattle intrusion during the season. FYI the available lease ground is mostly heavily wooded. Hogs panels will be a must around all food plots/feeders. There is tons of deer, turkey, hogs, and coyotes on the property. Furthermore, there is several catch & release fishing ponds on the property as well.

Lease parameters will include one trophy (140" or better), one cull (genetically inferior and/or any 8 pt. over 4.5 year old), and up to 3 does per year. Guests are not encouraged but allowed. Guests must be accompanied at all times. If they harvest a deer, it must be in compliance with lease rules and will count as a deduction from that lessee's harvest total. I have the property contracted for at least 10 years with the first right of refusal on the second 10 years. Plenty of time for you to manage and harvest some quality animals. This land and landowner is a dream. Only responsible, respectful hunters need inquiry! I want to build long lasting relationships with those in deer camp. Deer camp will be a family friendly environment at all times.

The deer herds and genetics in this area are amazing! I have been slow in getting spots filled due to extreme business demands this spring and and summer. However, I will be working hard to show the property the next couple weeks, so please do not hesitate to PM me, Justin Brown with any questions, 469.742.3802. I would be happy to send photos of the quality of deer in the area and explain lease details in length. Please see attached pics of a few of my deer from that property and very close proximity. Thanks!!

Re: SW Atoka County Deer Lease - 07/27/16 10:54 PM

BTW, deer camp has 30 & 50 amp RV hookup, 120watt outlets, and city water. Coleman, OK is 10 mins away. It has gas station, dinner and feed store.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: SW Atoka County Deer Lease - 07/28/16 12:28 AM

Is there a camp house on the property or will it be all RV's?
Posted By: twitch528

Re: SW Atoka County Deer Lease - 07/28/16 12:51 AM

How many guns?

Re: SW Atoka County Deer Lease - 07/28/16 01:46 AM

Just RV hook-ups. Landowner wants to keep only 6-7 max paid hunters on the remaining 1400 acres.
Posted By: mooney_ag

Re: SW Atoka County Deer Lease - 07/28/16 04:52 PM

Good looking deer. Wish list but can't do it for the same reasons the previous guys didn't re-lease
Posted By: sbushee

Re: SW Atoka County Deer Lease - 07/28/16 06:23 PM

How long are the seasons in OK? I assume non-resident hunting license is required. Is this correct?
Posted By: Rustler

Re: SW Atoka County Deer Lease - 07/28/16 06:31 PM

Everything you need to know about hunting in Ok ---> Ok DWC
Posted By: jshouse

Re: SW Atoka County Deer Lease - 07/29/16 12:39 AM

great looking deer and the place sounds great, good luck
Posted By: bige2461

Re: SW Atoka County Deer Lease - 08/02/16 06:13 PM

Posted By: Booner1

Re: SW Atoka County Deer Lease - 08/05/16 02:26 PM

This would be a good place if you are a bow hunter. Oklahoma deer seasons are chopped up into 3 season and a non-resident would have to buy 3 permits if you hunt with a bow, muzzy and a gun. But if you bow hunt exclusively you would only have to buy one permit that is good for the entire season but you have to wear orange during the gun parts. The seasons are short, M/L is about 9 days and regular gun season is 16 or so days but you can bow hunt for over a hundred days. Good luck with your leasing, sounds like a great place.
Posted By: Wreckem04

Re: SW Atoka County Deer Lease - 08/08/16 09:11 PM

PM sent

Re: SW Atoka County Deer Lease - 08/25/16 06:44 PM

Bump. Been out of pocket for a few weeks. Need to get last section leased soon. 300 acres 2 hunters 2K per. Covers water and electric at camp. Thanks!!
Posted By: Apretz

Re: SW Atoka County Deer Lease - 08/26/16 12:53 AM

Pm sent
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum