Texas Hunting Forum

Anybody still looking for a lease?

Posted By: Russ79

Anybody still looking for a lease? - 07/11/16 08:43 PM

Campbell has 24 tracts listed for bid right now. If anyone is interested in checking out the tract in Nacogdoches county let me know- I can take you right to it.
Posted By: gonehunting

Re: Anybody still looking for a lease? - 07/12/16 08:56 AM

I am

Re: Anybody still looking for a lease? - 07/13/16 12:34 AM

I would highly recommend going and looking at any tracts you might have an interest in bidding on....Google Earth doesn't always tell the whole story or have the most up to date aerial photos. Gonehunting, if you are interested in checking out the Nac county lease send me a PM and we can set up a time and date.
Posted By: catsquirrel

Re: Anybody still looking for a lease? - 07/13/16 05:28 PM

What is contact number or email or website for Campbell??
Posted By: CdSims

Re: Anybody still looking for a lease? - 07/13/16 06:01 PM

I'm still looking. Can you send me some details?

Re: Anybody still looking for a lease? - 07/13/16 07:44 PM

Web address: www.cglease.com. You have to register on their website in order to bid on a tract. Go to available leases and they will list the counties that have tracts up for bid. When you look at the tract listings you need to look close- some are bow only due to the size or proximity to houses. They will give the minimum bid for each tract. Like I said above, I would highly suggest that you go and look at any tracts that you have an interest in- Google Earth may not show recent cutting activity or access. I have looked at tracts that only access is across private property, which limits your ability to put up a gate or access it thru other Campbell tracts that have locked gates. There are some drawbacks to leasing any timber company land like timber operations and now drilling or pipeline activity...and if you listen to a lot of folks theft and poaching problems. I live very close to the properties that I lease- one is less than a mile away and one is only seven miles away so I can monitor them constantly for any unwanted activity. To me the pro's outweigh those- reasonably priced land and the chance to keep it long term...Follow their rules and the rules of the state of Texas and you can probably keep it as long as you want.

Re: Anybody still looking for a lease? - 07/13/16 07:47 PM

If anyone wants to talk about how this works you can call me in the evenings at 936-615-9620. They also have a place where hunting clubs list openings if you just want to join a lease instead of bid on one.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum