Texas Hunting Forum

Members needed, Polk County, Livingston Tx deer lease

Posted By: TxDispatcher

Members needed, Polk County, Livingston Tx deer lease - 07/03/16 06:41 AM

2000 acre family deer lease. One stand area per member. Spouse and children under age 18 allowed to hunt off of membership allotment. 1 trophy, 1 spike (a true spike, not a fawn buck), 2 doe per membership. Bucks 4.5 years of age and older, otherwise legal requirements apply. All the hogs you can shoot. You won't kill any B&C book bucks, but 120-140 are possible. Last year there were several decent older deer taken, with half of us holding out for larger deer than we had taken previously.

No drinking, no crude/foul language, no drug use, NO HOG HUNTING WITH DOGS, no negotiation on any of those requirements. I know, I know...this isn't the lease for everyone. We are aware of that and are okay with that up if you don't agree and think these are stupid rules, be kind enough to hit the back button and move along grin

Camp has water/elec, monthly utility bills are split between trailers that are hooked up for that month. Trailer fee is $150 per year if left year round. Seasonal use is free, first come first served on trailer hookups.
Membership is $1,250 per spot. Need 2 more members to fill membership. 12 spots total, 9 returning members and 1 new guy...7 have been on since we picked up the lease 4 years ago

Children are encouraged to come and enjoy themselves, but please don't think it's everyone else's responsibility to watch/babysit your children. We enjoy the kids being there and having fun, but aren't there to babysit while you hunt, take a nap, etc. Occasionally that happens, we understand if you're tracking a deer or catching some shut eye between hunts. But those who make a habit of it aren't going to be welcomed back. Overall we have a great core group of hunters, great atmosphere at camp. Everyone pitches in and helps around camp, as long as you are willing to do your part, we would enjoy you being around.

Someone is at camp on a weekly basis, keeping an eye out on everything and updating members if something is needed on their trailer/equipment. We've never had an issue with thieves, and I believe it is because of that fact.

PM me for lease managers contact info.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Members needed, Polk County, Livingston Tx deer lease - 07/03/16 06:28 PM

Sounds perfect but six hours from Rhome. Not so far from the Point Blank place though. I'd like to look at the place next time I'm down there.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum