Texas Hunting Forum

How much land can you get?

Posted By: Brother in-law

How much land can you get? - 05/26/16 12:27 AM

I don't exactly know how to word it , but I have a friend that might be selling his ranch in Mexico for let's say 1.5 million.

By zone or areas listed below , how much decent land could one buy?

Grayson / Cooke county up on the red river?
Palo Pinto to Abilene?
Robert Lee / Sterling areas?
Up 287 Childress area give or take?

What other areas should a person look at? He likes deer, exotics, and would want to have some cows and such? Water or large tanks would be good
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: How much land can you get? - 05/26/16 01:50 AM

A lot less in Grayson Cooke area than all the others...for 1.5 I have seen anywhere from 10 acres up to about 250 acres in that area. Any larger plots are expensive, and typically have an expensive house on it upping the price even more.

The Childress area you could probably be looking at 400-800 acres and on an unimproved plot you might be able to get 1000 acres depending how far out.

Palo pinto could get real expensive if it is close to PK or Brazos river front, but could get about 3-400 if not in those areas and raw land.

Don't know about the other area.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: How much land can you get? - 05/26/16 01:28 PM

Go to landsoftexas.com and type in the county and you can get a rough estimation of what land is going for in that particular county. Some will take less for the land advertised and some won't. If there is a house on the land will also affect the price. But this will give you an estimation of the price of land in different counties across Texas.
Posted By: Grayson

Re: How much land can you get? - 05/31/16 03:35 AM

Grayson, good hunting land, 100-150 acres.
Posted By: bp3

Re: How much land can you get? - 05/31/16 03:04 PM

South west Texas rifle
Posted By: AZBear

Re: How much land can you get? - 06/01/16 06:05 PM

I'll sell you 240 acres in Kaufman that would be perfect for deer and exotics if you high fence. Lots of hogs you can drive up to within 20 yards. Close to Hwy and Dallas. Almost 1 mile of creek on property. Places for several lakes 1-2 acres and maybe even one larger. Good land to also run 30+ cows. You could even lease the neighbors land for additional 30 cows.
$1.5M you could buy the land, high fence, buy exotics, buy cows, build lakes, and build a nice lodge. And still be only 45 minutes to work in Dallas.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: How much land can you get? - 06/03/16 09:37 PM

He could get a lot more land and year round hunting for great free roam exotics from Rock Springs south to Del Rio. up
Posted By: LandAgent

Re: How much land can you get? - 06/06/16 08:04 PM

I'd love to help your friend find the ranch hes looking for. I specialize in farm & ranch, and hunting land across the state. shoot me a message or phone call with any questions and i'd be happy to help in anyway I can.

Re: How much land can you get? - 06/07/16 01:47 AM

He has to get some ducks in a row and of course the other ranch sold. I just wanted to get a feel
Posted By: kshorthairs

Re: How much land can you get? - 06/13/16 12:31 AM

Have your buddy give me a call anytime. If not, at least have him check out our website. I have a lot of great information for him in regards to the areas you listed. I know he will be thoroughly impressed with this top notch company. If you send me your address, I will send you a brochure that you could get to him.
Posted By: dune2218

Re: How much land can you get? - 06/13/16 02:38 PM

Who , besides a cartel member, would buy land in Mexico????

Re: How much land can you get? - 06/14/16 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By: dune2218
Who , besides a cartel member, would buy land in Mexico????

A successful hardworking American born business man owns 3 American construction companies and bought land in Mexico for his father to retire and watch cows. Unfortunately the cartel kidnapped and killed his father for a ransom, his father was 78. Beaten and shot in the head.

Any other good questions?
Posted By: bp3

Re: How much land can you get? - 06/15/16 02:43 PM

Another reason not to hunt Mexico. rifle

Re: How much land can you get? - 06/15/16 04:50 PM

""Unfortunately the cartel kidnapped and killed his father for a ransom, his father was 78. Beaten and shot in the head.""

I think you made my point for me .

Soooooooooooo you think someone else will buy the land so that can happen to them???? The land is worth about $6.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: How much land can you get? - 06/15/16 05:39 PM

This has taken a strange turn.... How would you even sell the place now? Cartels aren't going anywhere.

Re: How much land can you get? - 06/15/16 10:38 PM

Yes it will sell easily when that day comes. I'm not tire kicking to get interest from anyone on this forum to buy it. Don't derail my post , we are all aware of that country and how things are.

I asked about land in Texas

Re: How much land can you get? - 06/15/16 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckman
This has taken a strange turn.... How would you even sell the place now? Cartels aren't going anywhere.

3 of 4 including the ringleader were caught. It was more of a family copy catting the cartels actions of kidnap and random.

Re: How much land can you get? - 06/17/16 02:44 AM

After thinking about it --- his best bet is to give/donate the land to some charity and then deduct it from his taxes,,,, if he makes a lot of money that would at least reimburse him 40% ish of his loss.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum