Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting in Iredell Texas

Posted By: A-DAM

Hunting in Iredell Texas - 05/17/16 08:30 PM

I have an opportunity to hunt some property in Iredell next to the Bosque River. I am not familiar with this area so any an all input would be greatly appreciated. My concerns are deer, hog populations and quality and quantity of deer.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Hunting in Iredell Texas - 05/18/16 12:12 AM

Should be lots of deer. Buddy has place outside of Meridian on the river. Quality depends on size of acreage and neighbors management practices.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Hunting in Iredell Texas - 05/20/16 08:22 AM

It can be bad to good. All depends on neighbors and land size. I have a cousin that hunts in Iredell and he has seen some good bucks on camera but never in person.
Posted By: tbgascorer

Re: Hunting in Iredell Texas - 05/20/16 06:49 PM

Big deer along the Bosque outside Iredell. We hunted there for 12 years and have family in the area. Antler restrictions have helped even more. Great genetics in that area. Populations can be spotty to lots of deer. Oat patches along the river fill up with deer. Lots of hogs too. Spent many a night running TPWD spotlight surveys in Bosque/Hamilton counties. Don't get too hung up in numbers. When you see a buck, it could be a very good one. Rut will be full blown rifle opener every year, strong rut. Bowhunt if you can 10/20 thru rifle opener as well, lots of chasing.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Hunting in Iredell Texas - 05/21/16 05:59 AM

I shot my buck two years ago Dec. 7th at 10:45 am. He was the 4th buck in line chasing the doe at 210 yards. We see them chasing the whole month of Nov into Dec. but this large acreage with no pressure or feeders. Love the area.

How big is the place you are looking at?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum