Texas Hunting Forum

Need Help Finding Lease!

Posted By: IrishTX

Need Help Finding Lease! - 04/14/16 01:12 PM

I'm hoping someone can help me find a lease within 3 hours of DFW. I'd love to hunt in East Texas, but anywhere relatively close to Dallas with decent hunting is fine. I'm looking for an annual lease with the ability to hunt various types of game, but primarily want to hunt deer. Will likely get 1-3 others to join to mitigate cost. Not looking to join an existing group because I like to know who I'm hunting with for safety and management reasons.

I've put out ads on multiple craigslists throughout Texas, check the TPWD lease listings daily, and bought a subscription to leasehunter.com, which I also check daily. I even check the classifieds for small towns in areas I'm interested in hunting. Any advice on what else I can do to track down a lease would be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: bigcam

Re: Need Help Finding Lease! - 04/14/16 02:27 PM

bluestaroutdoors is a good lease listing...im in the same boat as you, want something small 1-2 hours from DFW
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Need Help Finding Lease! - 04/14/16 03:54 PM

Read about bluestaroutdoors.com in...

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbth...fo_on_this_site

...and...

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbth...easing_websites.
Posted By: Russ79

Re: Need Help Finding Lease! - 04/14/16 07:41 PM

If you really want to hunt east Texas check www.cglease.com. That is Campbell's website. They only have three tracts up for bid right now and they are probably farther than you want to go but start checking it in the next several months- there will probably be lots of tracts start popping up you can bid on.
Posted By: cabosandinh

Re: Need Help Finding Lease! - 04/14/16 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: pmcgee11
I'm hoping someone can help me find a lease within 3 hours of DFW. I'd love to hunt in East Texas, but anywhere relatively close to Dallas with decent hunting is fine. I'm looking for an annual lease with the ability to hunt various types of game, but primarily want to hunt deer. Will likely get 1-3 others to join to mitigate cost. Not looking to join an existing group because I like to know who I'm hunting with for safety and management reasons.

I've put out ads on multiple craigslists throughout Texas, check the TPWD lease listings daily, and bought a subscription to leasehunter.com, which I also check daily. I even check the classifieds for small towns in areas I'm interested in hunting. Any advice on what else I can do to track down a lease would be greatly appreciated!

you should list min. acreage requirement
and offer a finder's fee....

Re: Need Help Finding Lease! - 04/14/16 08:12 PM

I'd go for something as small as 60 acres as long as it has good hunting! Not sure what the going rate for a finder's fee is, but I'd be open to the idea.

Re: Need Help Finding Lease! - 04/15/16 02:42 PM

BUMP
Posted By: Homer Jay

Re: Need Help Finding Lease! - 04/16/16 04:42 PM

Not sure what the going rate for a finder's fee is, but I'd be open to the idea.

A dollar per acre? That's just a wild guess but if I got on a 300 acre lease that is a figure I'd be happy paying.
Posted By: TLew

Re: Need Help Finding Lease! - 04/16/16 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Homer Jay
Not sure what the going rate for a finder's fee is, but I'd be open to the idea.

A dollar per acre? That's just a wild guess but if I got on a 300 acre lease that is a figure I'd be happy paying.

I think that is reasonable for a lease that size. For a 2500 acre lease then I think it should be a percentage. Just my $0.02.

Also, the finders fee IMO should only be paid for year 1

Re: Need Help Finding Lease! - 04/16/16 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: TLew
Originally Posted By: Homer Jay

I think that is reasonable for a lease that size. For a 2500 acre lease then I think it should be a percentage. Just my $0.02.

Also, the finders fee IMO should only be paid for year 1

Thanks for the input Homer Jay and TLew, I guess it would be on a case by case basis but long story short - I'd be more than happy to pay a reasonable finder's fee.

Sounds like the logging company websites are a good bet, but I imagine their leases near DFW go just as fast as anything else!
Posted By: tlk

Re: Need Help Finding Lease! - 04/17/16 12:22 AM

Just a thought. Anyone posting here for a lease get very specific. Review size, price , trophy or meat, guest, etc. improves chances greatly
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Need Help Finding Lease! - 04/22/16 05:55 PM

Diehardoutfitter has 4000 acres in Childress with a cabin. Big deer, big country $3200 each. Dang good deal
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum