Texas Hunting Forum

Kansas Lease Available

Posted By: txshntr

Kansas Lease Available - 04/14/16 03:19 AM

As some of you know, I have 3 properties in Kansas that we have hunted for 7 years. One has been leased. One property remaining.

These properties are bow hunting only. Cost is $1750 per hunter. Tag is by draw and the draw ends this year on April 29th. Some years, there are over the counter tags left in our unit, but last year they sold out in 2 days. Tag and license for non-resident is $554.53.

https://www.ks.wildlifelicense.com/start.php

There is no camping or lodging onsite. We typically stay at a hotel in El Dorado (about 20 miles away) or at the El Dorado State Park in the cabins.

This property is listed as 210 acres, but really is just a little over 100 acres that is huntable. It stretches East to West and easily hunts two people. The group that hunted it last year did not run cameras, so again, the pictures are older. I haven't hunted the property, so haven't ran camera's on it. The group that hunted it two years ago hunts across the road now.

My property is the next property North of this one. I can send you plenty of trail cam pics from there and of the couple that I have killed if you are interested.

It is Kansas and there are big deer, but it is hunting. Plenty of deer to keep you occupied.

Thanks for looking up
Posted By: thewrap

Re: Kansas Lease Available - 04/15/16 12:44 AM

If anyone would like pics of the first property I think I still have some that I can dig up. PM me your email and I can send them your way. Also if you want to talk about the property feel free to ask me.

Only reason I didn't lease it again was because I'm not going to have the time to hunt it.

Re: Kansas Lease Available - 04/15/16 02:43 AM

Thanks bud up

Good property with chance of some very nice deer. Not much time left for the draw cheers
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Kansas Lease Available - 04/15/16 01:24 PM

That area has big deer and lots of ducks!!!!!! grin
Posted By: easton1025

Re: Kansas Lease Available - 04/16/16 07:52 PM

That last buck is a TURD...Id love to see how much he weighs....Most cant tell that he is a big rack deer because his head is so big....
Posted By: CenTex

Re: Kansas Lease Available - 04/17/16 06:19 PM

How does the draw process work in Kansas? Is it possible to lease the property and not get drawn?

Re: Kansas Lease Available - 04/17/16 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By: CenTex
How does the draw process work in Kansas? Is it possible to lease the property and not get drawn?

I have been in this unit for 7 years or so and have never seen anyone not get drawn. Every year, there are left over tags but sometimes they sell out in a day or so. Other years they are still available into August.

If you aren't drawn, I refund the lease money
Posted By: esnow74

Re: Kansas Lease Available - 04/17/16 09:19 PM

I hope one day when I am off my current lease that I can find a lease like these to try out. Good luck
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Kansas Lease Available - 04/19/16 02:46 AM

Re: Kansas Lease Available - 04/19/16 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: easton1025
That last buck is a TURD...Id love to see how much he weighs....Most cant tell that he is a big rack deer because his head is so big....

Saw him in person twice, he is a lot bigger than pictures show.

Love the war wound on the side of his head in that pic too cheers
Posted By: thewrap

Re: Kansas Lease Available - 04/20/16 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Ramsey

That pic looks familiar. Spent 2 weeks chasing that buck and never saw him.

I have replied to a few PM's. I will send out an email with pics to those who have asked for them.
Posted By: LandAgent

Re: Kansas Lease Available - 04/20/16 06:00 PM

Me and a buddy leased the 260! Cant wait to get on this place

Re: Kansas Lease Available - 04/22/16 10:33 PM

One property leased. Look forward to it LandAgent cheers

Still one property left if anyone is interested. We are getting down to the wire on the draw up

Re: Kansas Lease Available - 04/26/16 12:37 AM

Re: Kansas Lease Available - 04/28/16 02:33 PM

Not much time left to put in for the draw cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum