Texas Hunting Forum

Big hunting lease 2 hours from Dallas, North East Texas 2016/2017

Posted By: ColeD

Big hunting lease 2 hours from Dallas, North East Texas 2016/2017 - 01/25/16 07:58 PM

Two properties available for year round hunting lease located in Red River County. The ranch is just a 2 hour drive away from downtown Dallas. The nearest city is Cuthand, TX. Both properties are abundant in wildlife, including white tail deer, wild hogs, coyotes, seasonal waterfowl, etc. The two leases are divided by a county road. This is a rare opportunity to get a big chunk of land in East Texas and actively manage the deer population.

The lease is for one year starting May 1 2016 running through May 1 2017. If both parties are satisfied at the end of the lease there will be options to lock in long term leases. The lease allows you to put your locks on the gates and access to the property. No feeders, blinds, or anything else will be provided by the ranch. However, you may bring your own, and pre-approved food plots are fine. Both properties have camp sites with electricity and water. Campers and most non-permanent structures are allowed with prior approval. A limited number of doe permits will be available for those looking to manage their herd numbers. Hunters are also encouraged to take as many hogs and coyotes as possible. Both properties have abundant ponds that are great for both fishing and duck hunting.

Hearts Bluff Lease - 2600 AC / 10 guns

This entire lease is up for grabs for the 2016/2017 season. Strong preference will be given to an individual or group that is interested in the entire lease.

This lease is 2600 AC of prime Sulphur River Bottom. Property boundary is actually the Sulphur River. This is a hog hunter's paradise as they are constantly coming in off the Sulphur. There are also some good deer in this area. This is also the only place on the ranch where turkey have been seen. This lease is a combination of about 30% timber and 70% open grass pasture, with lots of edges between the two creating a great edge effect that white tail love. There are a large number of medium to large sized ponds on the property that are great for duck hunting and fishing.

Turner Lease - 1600 AC / 6 guns

We currently have 3 spots taken by a father and his two adult sons, and are looking for a group of 3 or smaller to take the remaining spots

This lease is 1600 AC of mixed timber and native grass pastures. Lots of perimeter boundary between the two, which is great for deer hunting. A lot of large white tail have been spotted on the property. There is a large 20 AC pond on the lease with great fishing and duck hunting. This lease was previously set up for the MLDP system, which involves an earlier start and later finish to rifle season in exchange for wildlife counts and actively managing the deer population (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business/permits/land/wildlife_management/mldp/). This program can be restarted if the lessee chooses.

At this time we are ONLY looking for GROUPS of hunters. Strong preference will be given to responsibly minded groups that have previous experience with game management. If we are unable to find groups that meet our needs we will repost that ad when we open it up to singles.

The price of both leases is 10 $ per AC. That comes to $2600 per gun on the first lease and $2663 per gun on the second lease.

Both Properties
Posted By: Tigers1

Re: Big hunting lease 2 hours from Dallas, North East Texas 2016/2017 - 01/26/16 04:38 PM

Do you have a contact number? or you can text me at 903-826-0219.
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: Big hunting lease 2 hours from Dallas, North East Texas 2016/2017 - 01/27/16 08:09 PM

Very interested. Please call Danny @ 214-793-7609. Might just meet you and bring you a check.
Posted By: Chief Banana

Re: Big hunting lease 2 hours from Dallas, North East Texas 2016/2017 - 01/27/16 09:46 PM

Very interested. I'm one gun. 972-658-2976 call or text.

Thanks!
>Kevin
972-658-2976
Posted By: jeffw

Re: Big hunting lease 2 hours from Dallas, North East Texas 2016/2017 - 01/28/16 06:31 PM

I am very interested in the 2600 acre portion. Have a group that can take the whole thing.

Thanks,

Jeff
Posted By: tdbduckhunter

Re: Big hunting lease 2 hours from Dallas, North East Texas 2016/2017 - 01/28/16 06:38 PM

I have seen these pieces of property up for lease several times. What gives?
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Big hunting lease 2 hours from Dallas, North East Texas 2016/2017 - 01/28/16 07:17 PM

Me too. I remember seeing these for lease several times. Don't know though if it the same man leasing them, but it was laid out exactly the same way.
Posted By: TTUGrad08

Re: Big hunting lease 2 hours from Dallas, North East Texas 2016/2017 - 01/29/16 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: tdbduckhunter
I have seen these pieces of property up for lease several times. What gives?

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbth...r_C#Post5815117
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Big hunting lease 2 hours from Dallas, North East Texas 2016/2017 - 01/29/16 03:03 AM

Yeah, this does sound familiar.....
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Big hunting lease 2 hours from Dallas, North East Texas 2016/2017 - 01/29/16 07:21 PM

Does either of the tracts FLOOD when sulphur gets up?
Posted By: jeffw

Re: Big hunting lease 2 hours from Dallas, North East Texas 2016/2017 - 01/29/16 09:54 PM

Has anybody gotten a response? I have PM'd him twice as well as posted here and nothing
Posted By: ColeD

Re: Big hunting lease 2 hours from Dallas, North East Texas 2016/2017 - 02/01/16 08:19 PM

Sorry everyone, was out of town for a few days and have not answered messages. I will respond to messages in the order I received them. My apologies for the delay.

And to answer everyone's question about having seen these before, yes I posted an ad for last season. I posted another ad for this season because I was unable to put a group together for either lease.

In regards to the flooding, the Turner is completely unaffected by flooding. On the Hearts Bluff lease there is land on the southern boundary of the property that will go underwater after 6 inch or greater rains, roughly 50-100 AC will be underwater for a few feet for a day or two. Also, White Oak Creek, the chunk of woods running through the middle of the lease can make the lease inaccessible for 24-48 hours after receiving 6 inches or more in a rain. Unfortunately I know this because in the last 3 years we've had four of those rains, 3 of them since November of last year.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum