Texas Hunting Forum

Any interest in a HF lease?

Posted By: maximus_flavius

Any interest in a HF lease? - 01/16/16 03:03 AM

I'm just wondering if there is any interest in a deer lease that included an HF pasture with Axis deer?

More specifically, a year round, all-inclusive (cabin, stands, feeders, & feed provided) lease for low fence whitetail, hogs, turkey, with access to a HF pasture with Axis & maybe Scimitar Oryx. Within 2 hours of Dallas.

Let me know any thoughts, or PM me if interested.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Any interest in a HF lease? - 01/16/16 03:16 AM

More details such as proximate locale and costs, number of people on lease and how big....

Re: Any interest in a HF lease? - 01/16/16 04:16 AM

Final details to be determined....I'm just gauging interest & looking for ideas.

15 hunters on 3,000 acres (650 of it HF). Maybe $6,000/gun? (maybe less hunters & more money per gun?) 1 whitetail trophy buck, 1 spike, & 1 Axis trophy buck. 2 gobblers Year round hogs & varmints. 1.5 hrs west of Ft Worth.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Any interest in a HF lease? - 01/16/16 08:47 AM

Less than 200 acres a gun on LF and trophy WT don't go together. Especially for $6k each. $30 an acre? Buddy is on a 6,000 acre all inclusive place for $4,300 a gun with 12 hunters up here. They hardly shot any trophy bucks this year. For $6k they better get a good buck.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Any interest in a HF lease? - 01/16/16 12:06 PM

Not really a bad price for a year round lease. YEAR ROUND LEASE that includes "all-inclusive (cabin, stands, feeders, & feed provided)". If they are protein feeding the whole lease that is not a bad deal. A lot of hunting for on a year round place...deer, axis, hogs, turkey, doves, etc....my issue would be to many hunters without knowing more details. 200 acres per gun would have to have a deer to 10 acres to support that kind of pressure. Would be worse if the HF has no WT on it all then you are crowding 15 hunters in an even smaller acreage.

Re: Any interest in a HF lease? - 01/16/16 01:31 PM

Thanks guys,

Txduvkman, does your buddies places have a HF, or any exotics included? What part of the state is he in?

Thanks for the thoughts stxranchman. I would figure to start some whitetail in the HF, but I assume that would take a few years to get going.

Another consideration would be 12 hunters at more money (maybe $7,500), but would include 2 Axis (instead of 1) bucks, or 1 high end exotic (maybe Oryx) in the price.

Re: Any interest in a HF lease? - 01/16/16 05:17 PM

Something like this would be better higher price lower number of hunters. I would be interested and I am sure there will be plenty of folks from the metro mess interested as well if the numbers were low enough and the ability to bring family and friends was allowed. For 6000 or 7500 there should be a bit more ability to shoot some management bucks and doe of course, although that may be an understood part of your info above too.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Any interest in a HF lease? - 01/17/16 06:38 AM

No HF for them so knock some money off. Not sure what that is worth. They are same distance from Fort Worth up 287 north of Bowie. We lease right by them for $9 an acre though. Just have to fill our own feeders. They shot some dandys last year up to 165 but not this year. They have about 500 acres per hunter. Open stands, first come, first serve. I don't think the area can handle the pressure though so they by pass corn and go nocturnal. I warned him last year they might shoot all their big deer in one year.

Our neighbor high fenced 500 acres. WT only in there and he didn't shoot a buck for 3 years. Took that long to get mature deer. People don't wait until 5 or 6 up here to shoot.

Why no does?
Posted By: 7m STW

Re: Any interest in a HF lease? - 01/17/16 07:14 PM

For 30$ an acre my expectations would be way beyond this. But for some one that wants a place close by and doesn't care about $ they would be your market.

Re: Any interest in a HF lease? - 01/17/16 10:35 PM

Texasbuckeye, I agree about management bucks, & would rely on MLD or biologist to determine those numbers.

Txduckman, I was just assuming it would be a year or 2 before shooting any does, but would go along with a management plan on those numbers.

7stw, i appreciate the thought, but I don't see how $30/ acre, all inclusive with HF exotics, is not far superior to paying $1,500-1,800 for around 100 acres (let's just say $15/acre) with nothing supplied & no exotics, for some people.

I'm still considering any & all options. It might be better to just have a stand-alone HF place, separate from a whitetail lease.
Posted By: igotnone

Re: Any interest in a HF lease? - 01/18/16 01:00 AM

Where at?
Posted By: BBD84

Re: Any interest in a HF lease? - 01/18/16 04:21 AM

Id be intrested, pm me a phone number and lets talk.

Re: Any interest in a HF lease? - 01/19/16 04:37 AM

Thanks for the great PMs.

I'd like to hear from everyone, what type of exotic would you find most attractive to hunt, in this type of lease?
Posted By: jshouse

Re: Any interest in a HF lease? - 01/19/16 08:52 PM

brazilian up

Re: Any interest in a HF lease? - 01/20/16 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By: jshouse
brazilian up

Those are for back at the cabin clap

No really, I don't even know anything about exotics, so my opinion wouldn't be worth the time to read it, but something that eats well would be a plus (axis) and something that mounts well and looks cool would be a bonus (don't have a clue?). But something that takes enormous amounts of feed and maintainance would be a big detractor. The smaller exotics would be fun because they wouldn't use a ton of feed and would be sporty to shoot, but like I said, my opinion isn't worth anything when it comes to exotics.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Any interest in a HF lease? - 01/20/16 04:33 AM

I like it, but too many hunters. I would rather pay more than be crowded.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum