Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting Lease-Manager- Background?

Posted By: Bittercreek

Hunting Lease-Manager- Background? - 10/28/15 05:52 AM

Is there a Site. To check the background. Honesty of Lease-Manager?
Thank you.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Hunting Lease-Manager- Background? - 10/28/15 04:09 PM

If there is I would like to know as well. I got burned recently by one who decided to hit me with all kinds of fees which were initially undiclosed and only brought up after my deposit was paid and the first day of hunting completed. Then he hit me with "Oh by the way..." bs
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Hunting Lease-Manager- Background? - 10/28/15 04:24 PM

The best precaution I know of is, don't do it. Sorry I know that don't help ya.
Posted By: jsplinter

Re: Hunting Lease-Manager- Background? - 10/28/15 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert

Don't lease a property?
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Hunting Lease-Manager- Background? - 10/28/15 08:38 PM

Google their name, if it pops up on multiple forums then you will find the answers you need. Ask him for references of past hunters who have left.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Hunting Lease-Manager- Background? - 10/28/15 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: kdkane1971
If there is I would like to know as well. I got burned recently by one who decided to hit me with all kinds of fees which were initially undiclosed and only brought up after my deposit was paid and the first day of hunting completed. Then he hit me with "Oh by the way..." bs

Wouldn't have paid the fees. The price was agreed to
Posted By: therancher

Re: Hunting Lease-Manager- Background? - 10/29/15 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: kdkane1971

Wow. Sorry to hear that. That's a lousy way to do business.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Hunting Lease-Manager- Background? - 10/29/15 04:00 AM

Originally Posted By: jsplinter
Originally Posted By: dgilbert

Don't lease a property?

Just guessing, but figure he was saying don't use a "middle man" type lease manager.

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Google their name, if it pops up on multiple forums then you will find the answers you need. Ask him for references of past hunters who have left.
Posted By: Cajun Raider

Re: Hunting Lease-Manager- Background? - 10/29/15 11:24 AM

Appreciate what is being said. Be cautious of lease managers or owners in the Bee House or Evant area.
Posted By: Westtexan1

Re: Hunting Lease-Manager- Background? - 10/29/15 02:53 PM

In the past we have run credit checks on both potential lessors and leasees. Chances are that vast majority of the time if they don't pay their bills on time they will at some point try to screw you. This is true on both sides of the transaction. Secondly you do have recourse with the land owner as well. He is as responsible for his agent misrepresenting terms as if he did it himself.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Hunting Lease-Manager- Background? - 10/29/15 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Westtexan1
In the past we have run credit checks on both potential lessors and leasees.

I am surprised a potential lease member would give you thier SS#. If a land owner or thier agent asked me for that I would run away as fast as I could. Not because I am worried about the credit check, but because I would fear what else they might decide to do with sensitive info like that.
Posted By: Westtexan1

Re: Hunting Lease-Manager- Background? - 10/29/15 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: JCB
Originally Posted By: Westtexan1
In the past we have run credit checks on both potential lessors and leasees.

I am surprised a potential lease member would give you thier SS#. If a land owner or thier agent asked me for that I would run away as fast as I could. Not because I am worried about the credit check, but because I would fear what else they might decide to do with sensitive info like that.

Some have balked but we have never had anyone provide that info that has had bad credit so it kinda resolves itself if they have issue with it. You have to know who you are doing business with these days as there is too many snakes out there to not do your due diligence. Now if your just some guy wanting a $1500 annual lease that's one thing but when your talking corporate and high end leases that can be 6 figures that's a whole different ball game and both parties have to protect themselves.
Posted By: Gemlin

Re: Hunting Lease-Manager- Background? - 11/28/15 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Cajun Raider
Appreciate what is being said. Be cautious of lease managers or owners in the Bee House or Evant area.

I can vouch for this. A buddy I met in Grapevine has told me about a Scammer named Steve Randle who leases near Evant.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum